Question Nvidia gtx 1050 shows UNKNOWN

dantevergil525

Honorable
Apr 5, 2016
Hello,
Nvidia Gtx 1050 shows Unknown in geforce experience. but shows properly in device manager.
i have to manually disable it and then enable it from the device manager( enabling it manually, freezes the system, so I have to manually shutdown the system)
so question is ...has the gpu gone bad..or it might just be cuz of thermal paste and i need to reapply it? Any help will be appreciated. Thank You.

laptop- Dell 7567
win 10 latest update
cpu- core i5- 7300 HQ, intel HD 630
gpu- nvidia gtx 1050 (4 Gb)
ram- 16 Gb
storage- 128 gb SSD, 1 TB hard

dantevergil525

Honorable
Apr 5, 2016
windows 10 pro 21H2
bios- 1.15.0.. lastest one on dells website
so like right now.. i played a game of league of legends...card worked fine..game worked fine..temperatutes were more or less fine.... but after i closed the game... and gpu turned off.. now when i try to open the game..i get error graphics not initialized.. and in geforce experience it shows UNKNOWN... but in device manager..gpu is showing fine... now i have to first disable the gpu from device manager...then enable it...then it will work. happening with all games. nvidia driver is lastest as well 512.15

Aug 3, 2022
I have the same problem(kinda)
I have Acer Aspire VX5-591G
with new(latest) driver
Furmask not detected GTX1050 but HD630 does
GeForce Experience shows GPU unknown
GPU Z shows that it's detected the GPU but the ram size/speed/bandwidth is missing
at first all were fine but when I test it by put some load like furmask or gaming, the screen start to flickering then it force close furmask/game
then the gpu shows unknown

so I download the old version of driver from laptop manufacture(Acer website)
the driver version is 398.26 which is 4-5 years old now but it works fine and no problem(but it can't use some features like shadowplay streamming etc.)

and now I asking Nvidia for the solution(on going, they reply some of solutions but no correct solution now)