Nvidia GTX 1070 - FPS Drops Witcher 3, Should I be worried?

laurenelizabethharvey

Commendable
Jul 26, 2018
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post, first, this is my setup.

intel i7 7700
nvidia gtx 1070
16 gb ram

I've been playing The Witcher 3 and I uncapped my FPS although my monitor can only display 60, because I wanted to see what my card could do. I have everything maxed except hairworks, which I've turned off completely. The game is running at 70-85 on average but in forest areas with lots of trees close up I've noticed drops to low 50s and in a town it hovered around 58-62. but it will jump right back up usually. I'm only in the beginning area so far.

I'm really not sure if I should be concerned at all about my GPU and something being wrong, or if this is just normal. It doesn't particularly bother me, I just worry that there could be an issue with my GPU.

Solution
nothing to be worried about when you go into citys and foresting there more shading more objects that have to be rendered so it takes longer for the GPU thats why you see a fps drop

if you have a 60hz monitor theres no point in going over 60fps mainly because you GPU is is overpowering your monitor at that point.
when i say the statement above your grahpics card rendering images faster than the monitor can display them
i would upgrade your monitor or OC your monitor if your able to that would be the cheaper route

side not if you want to see what your GPU can do run a benchmark program on it

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
nothing to be worried about when you go into citys and foresting there more shading more objects that have to be rendered so it takes longer for the GPU thats why you see a fps drop

if you have a 60hz monitor theres no point in going over 60fps mainly because you GPU is is overpowering your monitor at that point.
when i say the statement above your grahpics card rendering images faster than the monitor can display them
i would upgrade your monitor or OC your monitor if your able to that would be the cheaper route

side not if you want to see what your GPU can do run a benchmark program on it

Solution