News Nvidia GTX 1660 and 1660 Super Retirement Rumors

Giroro

Splendid
Just sell your car and buy a 4090 instead. If you still can't afford it, then start selling your blood.
We all have to pitch in and work together to help Jensen "bad grandpa" Huang afford the world's largest mega yacht. He really needs our help this time, guys. You wouldn't want him to be embarrassed by a vacation in the world's second largest yacht, like some kind of third world peasant.

artk2219

Distinguished
More rumors from China indicate that the GeForce RTX 2060, 2060 Super, GTX 1660, and 1660 Super, are no longer being produced, leaving a potentially large gap in the important budget to midrange segment.

Nvidia GTX 1660 and 1660 Super Retirement Rumors : Read more

More sales for the RX 6600 I guess, AMD also has a large gap between the 6500 XT and 6600, with the 2060's and 1660's gone theres nothing really to fit in that performance bracket. I guess this could be addressed with RTX 3050 or RX 6600 price cuts to sub 200, but who knows when that will happen. Heh, maybe AMD ramps production of the RX 5600 to fit in that socket, that would work, not sure if its cheaper to make than the 6600 though.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_rx_6500_xt_review,27.html

Last edited:

gnyff

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
In my (admittedly not well updated) world, the 1650 is one of the few reasonable options for low profile graphics. I think only professionals and people having trouble getting their expenses high enough (!) are seriously looking at the more capable RTX A2000...
But maybe AMD has or will stepped/step up their low profile "game"? ;-)
In any case, I hope some manufactures will see the need for a good low profile GPU - at least the Nvidia chips are (still) there! (And I think most small form factor PCs could spare 25-50W and a connector more than the 75W capability of the PCIe-connector... Not that it seem probable (unfortunately) that the manufacturers would go for that option! ;-)

D

Deleted member 14196

🥱 just stop buying them don’t give them any business

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
In my (admittedly not well updated) world, the 1650 is one of the few reasonable options for low profile graphics. I think only professionals and people having trouble getting their expenses high enough (!) are seriously looking at the more capable RTX A2000...
But maybe AMD has or will stepped/step up their low profile "game"? ;-)
In any case, I hope some manufactures will see the need for a good low profile GPU - at least the Nvidia chips are (still) there! (And I think most small form factor PCs could spare 25-50W and a connector more than the 75W capability of the PCIe-connector... Not that it seem probable (unfortunately) that the manufacturers would go for that option! ;-)

Nobody's stepping up their low-profile game, simply because of the pressure from both sides; there's a very slim window in which a GPU is low-power enough for the cooling solutions on a low-profile GPU to be adequate but the GPU is robust enough to not compete with the improving integrated GPUs from below. Further complicating matters is that very few in the enthusiast communities, the ones actually upgrading PCs, place any priority on GPUs being low-profile. So it's a losing proposition for the manufacturers.

Reactions: cyrusfox