Nvidia gtx 680

GoombaStompin

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I do not believe so, Nvidia only designs and produces the chipset that is used by the other manufacturers in creating the actual card. And as far as I know they do not manufacture any of their own cards.

MC_K7

Distinguished

Yes you are right, I've never ever seen an nvidia-manufactured card in my life. But if I look at ATI their card only use stock speed and design and their look is pretty basic. While other manufacturers like Sapphire, XFX, MSI, will factory overclock them, use better cooling solution, and have better look. I guess nvidia would probably do the same if they'd start to build their own card, they would let their partners design the best cards not to steal any market from them.

MC_K7

Distinguished

Yes just like GoombaStompin explained to you, nvidia makes the chip and the manufacturer makes the rest.

Yeah you actually can buy purely nVidia-branded cards from some places, but they're still not actually manufactured by nVidia. I think Foxconn manufacturers those and just don't stick their logo on it. Just a basic reference design - no special cooler or anything.

TRENDING THREADS