Nvidia GTX660Ti High Definition Audio over HDMI "oscillates"

Darki5000

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Hey there!
Seems like there won't be a day where there isn't a problem with my PC.

My graphics cards newest hiccup is that when the sound driver is adressed for the first time after silence, the sound seems to oscillate a lot, it sounds VERY wobbly.

As an example I have recorded the playback of the Windows 10 "Windows Background.wav" file 3 times in a row off my speakers.
You may notice that the sound becomes clearer and more true to the original with each consecutive play.

Here's a link to the sound files:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak1mfyc4ZVMagf5x0MVhXBMiNMIbOg

I certainly don't have these problems with my Soundblaster sound card nor with other sound hardware. I have also noticed that this first happened around last week.

What could be at fault for this behavior?

/edit: Forgot to mention this. I had to reinstall Windows in the last few days, so naturally I had already a fresh driver installation behind me. But just to be sure I DDU'd it about an hour ago and did a rollback to an older driver. Still no luck. Driver Version now is 398.11 btw.

Darki5000

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
I'm only using the integrated speakers of my monitor, which unfortunately doesn't sport a 3.5mm jack anymore.

If possible I'd also have to constantly unplug the cable to use my headphones, so... convenience is also a factor, I guess?