Question Nvidia GTX750ti Mini HDMI Port Issue

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
I have a Dell Optiplex i7 3-xx gigahertz PC with a GTX 750ti Nvidia card. The Mini HDMI (D) female port has been worn to the point where an HDMI cable will no longer remain in the card's port. It falls out constantly. To put a Mini HDMI as a point of entry to the sound card is a bad design. Video failure is on the horizon for me.

What can be done to fix the 'enlarged hole'? Is there an adapter that can be put into this port that would run to a micro (C) or a regular HDMI (A) into the nVidia card? if there is no fix, what would be a good alternative affordable video card to put in this machine? This computer is about to be a lesser used PC for office apps and web surfing. Thanks in advance

I have a Dell Optiplex i7 3-xx gigahertz PC with a GTX 750ti Nvidia card. The Mini HDMI (D) female port has been worn to the point where an HDMI cable will no longer remain in the card's port. It falls out constantly. To put a Mini HDMI as a point of entry to the sound card is a bad design. Video failure is on the horizon for me.

What can be done to fix the 'enlarged hole'? Is there an adapter that can be put into this port that would run to a micro (C) or a regular HDMI (A) into the nVidia card? if there is no fix, what would be a good alternative affordable video card to put in this machine? This computer is about to be a lesser used PC for office apps and web surfing. Thanks in advance

Why not just duct tape it in place?

It still works if the cables in the hole right?

If so, just find anything that you can (like duct tape) to strap that sucker in.

DSzymborski

Titan
Duct taping is really the most practical thing. If you have very adept hands, you could also try making a silver of electrical tape and weave it around the tip of the port on the cable to make it every-so-slightly larger so it fits more snugly.

If you're just doing surfing the web and office tasks in this PC, you could just use the integrated solutions.

Duct taping is really the most practical thing. If you have very adept hands, you could also try making a silver of electrical tape and weave it around the tip of the port on the cable to make it every-so-slightly larger so it fits more snugly.

If you're just doing surfing the web and office tasks in this PC, you could just use the integrated solutions.

Agreed with the integrated graphics.

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
It has been a while since I put in the NVidia card in the machine and I must have disabled the original video card based on the "integrated graphics " reference made by you.

How do I make the default graphics card come back to life? Also, thanks to both of you for the feedback. The PC is a Dell XPS 8910.

Last edited: