Question Nvidia GV N650OC 1GI compatibility

Oct 2, 2022
I have a Foxconn C51XEM2AA motherboard. It currently has an Nvidia 8800GTX which does not have HDMI, the other card does, but when I put it in I get no boot at BIOS and if I try to install the driver before I install the new card, it won't let me. How can I get this card to work ? Also I tried both cards and no BIOS boot with the newer card. Codes CO, 23 and 45. Any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and use DDU to uninstall all GPU driver remnants and then power down, then remove the 8800GTX from the build. Drop in the GTX650 and see if you're able to get display out. What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Oct 2, 2022
I tried it and it did not work. And I can not install the GTX650 Driver as it will not allow it unless the hardware is installed....I just got an idea, I will 7zip the NVidia exe and see if I can just get to the inf file which I CAN install.

Oct 2, 2022
Ok so I am still messing with this card. My motherboard fortunately has some led numbers that give me display codes for what is wrong. So it wont even attempt BIOS boot with the card installed. The codes I get are 23-Program chipset (early programing of chipset registers) 45-Reinit serial port (Reinitialize Preboot agent serial port) and last C0-Base CPU test (read/write CPU registers) or C0 im not sure which is C0-Load ROM (ROM table pointer) It has a pretty extensive BIOS. Phoenix Award Workstation BIOS v. 6.00PG (6A61HP02), Release number 612W1P26 with Nvidia Bios Version 2.053.48 it was a top of the line gaming computer 15 years ago and still is pretty fast. It can be over clocked in the BIOS which has so many options. So if anyone knows how I can get this other card to work, or the other option I have is I can USE the S-video on the Nvidia card going to RGB to my TV, but the S-Video stopped putting out a signal as soon as I installed the Nvidia drivers for the card it no longer worked on my TV, a Visio that has RGB HDMI and coax and RCA inputs. The card has the older white HDMI without sound and S-video which i have the cord that splits it to RGB. All I want is the computer to display on the TV.....

Oct 2, 2022
Ok so I am still messing with this card. My motherboard fortunately has some led numbers that give me display codes for what is wrong. So it wont even attempt BIOS boot with the card installed. The codes I get are 23-Program chipset (early programing of chipset registers) 45-Reinit serial port (Reinitialize Preboot agent serial port) and last C0-Base CPU test (read/write CPU registers) or C0 im not sure which is C0-Load ROM (ROM table pointer) It has a pretty extensive BIOS. Phoenix Award Workstation BIOS v. 6.00PG (6A61HP02), Release number 612W1P26 with Nvidia Bios Version 2.053.48 it was a top of the line gaming computer 15 years ago and still is pretty fast. It can be over clocked in the BIOS which has so many options. So if anyone knows how I can get this other card to work, or the other option I have is I can USE the S-video on the Nvidia card going to RGB to my TV, but the S-Video stopped putting out a signal as soon as I installed the Nvidia drivers for the card it no longer worked on my TV, a Visio that has RGB HDMI and coax and RCA inputs. The card has the older white HDMI without sound and S-video which i have the cord that splits it to RGB. All I want is the computer to display on the TV.....

Oct 2, 2022
PS the TV is not recognized by the computer, I put the TV in COMP input the RGB used to work but in the Driver pane its just seen as a non pnp monitor with the VGA resolution which sucks and now does not even work. I really want to take advantage of the HDMI. I have optical out on the sound which works flawlessly on my DENON receiver so I just need A good picture with what i have here... Even if I can some how use the old style HDMI to the modern one?

Oct 2, 2022
Ok so does anyone have any other ideas why I can not get this card to work? I have tried, clearing out the old drivers, pre install the INF for the card.(that inf will not install that way). Plug the card into both PCI video slots, reset the bios, pulled the plug and cmos battery and everything except the graphics card, used HDMI and the other two DVI ports with a TV an different minutes. It never will boot to bios. Is there some sort of compatibility issue between the card and board? Does the bios need updated? Is this a UEFI only card?

Oct 2, 2022
The whole reason for all this messing with cards and drivers ect is so I can play Eve Online, no matter what the heck I do there is some hang up. With the 8800 gtx is does not support dx 11 only 10.1 although my computer is running windows 10 and says it has dx12 on it? The GV-N650 won't even let the computer boot. I just want to throw this thing of my balcony all ready.