NVIDIA High Definition Audio issue. Onboard sound card disappeared from windows!

Nov 7, 2018
Hello everyone, I put a nvidia gpu in my pc and since audio has stopped working and I can't even see the onboard sound card anywhere anymore!

Here are my components:

HP xw8600 workstation.
Dual cpu x5460
32gb of ram
250gb ssd
gigabyte gtx 960 (GV-N960OC-4GD)

Audio was working fine before the gpu replacement, now there's the red cross next to the speaker symbol and only this appears when I try to go into the options:
fE7cLCM.png
I tried reinstalling windows, deleting the current audio driver, reinstalling the nvidia drivers while unchecking the audio drivers option and also installing the onboard sound card drivers of course.
Nothing works, windows only shows what's on the picture or this:
IuGgHnm.png

Is this a dead-end? Am I forced to change the gpu again?

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of the PSU? It's wattage? And it's age? Is the issue alleviated after removing the Nvidia GPU? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your (motherboard)platform? When you reinstalled Windows 10, did you create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Nov 7, 2018
The problem started when I installed the new gpu, sound was fine before with the quadro fx 4800 so it has to be.

Psu model is DPS-800LB A from Delta, 800w. Must be as old as the pc, it's a second hand computer.
Bios is up to date, and Windows was installed using a DVD with the tool yes.