Question Nvidia Hogwarts Legacy Game Ready Driver Silence....is Nvidia sour towards the game makers?

mjbn1977

Distinguished
So far Nvidia has not commented on or announced a game-ready driver for Hogwarts Legacy. Intel already released one on Wednesday and AMD announce one coming soon, but the latest Nvidia driver from this week does not mention Hogwarts Legacy in the description (but added a game profile). They also do not answer questions from Game Review websites/magazines or users via Twitter...it's all tumbleweeds from Nvidia.

As it turns out, the game looks amazing but has its fair share of performance issues. It's loaded with geometry and game details, stuff moves, and is animated everywhere (as you expect it in Hogwarts). It's made in Unreal Engine 4 which is known to be a bit iffy with micro stutters due to how it handles shader compiling and LODs.

It really is next-gen in terms of System Ram and VRAM use. With my 13700k/4080 I play the game in 1440p with everything in Ultra + Raytracing on Ultra with DLSS on Quality (sometimes I add frame generation, sometimes not, playing around with it). My System RAM fills up to 24 GB and having between 12 and 13 GB VRAM usage happens quite frequently when using Raytracing. Over 12GB VRAM is insane for 1440p.....

AND....here I come to the point I want to make. The 3080 10GB is basically obsolete for this game if you want to use 1440p with Raytracing. And the brand-new 4070Ti is also not ideal to do 4k with raytracing. So, is Nvidia now all grumpy about the fact that the game is highlighting the downsides of its low VRAM approach? And therefore not giving the game the love they give any other new game embracing Nvidia tech? After all, Hogwarts Legacy is using all fancy and shiny Nvidia tech such as DLSS 2.0, DLSS 3.0 Frame Generation, and Raytracing.....

Discuss....

Last edited:
I don't think Nvidia care's that much about immediately supporting any title, unless its very popular. Especially when the games are playable on older non-optimized drivers.

Plus, Nvidia already released a new driver like two days ago so it would be very soon for them to release one again.

Nvidia does not care about its customers, that's basically a fact. Only the ones that give them the most amount of profits, ie. the server and enterprise space.

According to Nvidia forums:

528.49 has a 'Game Ready Driver Profile' for Hogwart's Legacy, just not listed in release notes

Profile "Hogwarts Legacy"
ShowOn GeForce
ProfileType Application
Executable "phoenix-win64-test.exe"
Executable "hogwartslegacy.exe"
Setting ID_0x105e2a1d = 0x00000004
Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011
Setting ID_0x10f9dc84 = 0x01000000
Setting ID_0x80857a28 = 0x00000001
EndProfile

mjbn1977

Distinguished

According to Nvidia forums:

528.49 has a 'Game Ready Driver Profile' for Hogwart's Legacy, just not listed in release notes

Profile "Hogwarts Legacy"
ShowOn GeForce
ProfileType Application
Executable "phoenix-win64-test.exe"
Executable "hogwartslegacy.exe"
Setting ID_0x105e2a1d = 0x00000004
Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011
Setting ID_0x10f9dc84 = 0x01000000
Setting ID_0x80857a28 = 0x00000001
EndProfile

Yeah, I mentioned that in my original post, but there is zero difference in game performance before and after that driver. I follow the reporting on pcgameshardware and they try to get a comment from Nvidia in regards to the driver for 2 days and haven't gotten any response.....just weird. if that driver is optimized for Hogwarts Legacy they could at least say so. but I think it is not.....

Last edited: