Question "NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue" after installing Easy Driver and using DDU

Apr 7, 2019
My last graphic card had burn out and shut my pc down for a few days ive managed to get it working and also had to get a new GPU(GTX 1050 ti). My computer works fine straight from the mother board but i need to add a GPU, i have used DDU to take away all my old drivers and when i try to install my new drivers they dont seem to want to download and the notice "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. I have tried using Easy Driver to install the drivers and also have used DDU but still comes up with the message. Any help with this?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019
stick with 1 thread
My last graphic card had burn out and shut my pc down for a few days ive managed to get it working and also had to get a new GPU(GTX 1050 ti). My computer works fine straight from the mother board but i need to add a GPU, i have used DDU to take away all my old drivers and when i try to install my new drivers they dont seem to want to download and the notice "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. I have tried using Easy Driver to install the drivers and also have used DDU but still comes up with the message. Any help with this?

Apr 7, 2019
V1803 Build 17134.706

Nvidia 340.52

i had soldered a 6pin to it as it didnt have one, but that shouldnt be an issue atm as i cant seem to download the driver before installing

Apr 7, 2019
I cant solve that situation after i need to get the drivers downloaded? Im not one with alot of computer knowledge but dont you need to install the drivers before inserting the card? So they can communicate?

rgd1101

Don't
It should have at least use the Microsoft basic vga driver before you install nvidia driver.
do you get any output right now from the gpu?

download gpuz if there is output, so you can see if the card is legit

bignastyid

Titan
I cant solve that situation after i need to get the drivers downloaded? Im not one with alot of computer knowledge but dont you need to install the drivers before inserting the card? So they can communicate?

No. The card has to be installed first, most drivers will not install if they don't see the hardware. The OS will have a basic driver buiult in to get basic functionality(a display albeit at a low resolution). So install the card then install the driver. But as others have mentioned soldering on and using the unneeded 6-pin connector could have very well damaged the card.

Do you have a link to the ebay auction where you bought the card? There are alot of fakes on ebay.

Apr 7, 2019
It should have at least use the Microsoft basic vga driver before you install nvidia driver.
do you get any output right now from the gpu?

download gpuz if there is output, so you can see if the card is legit
I get a “no signal” from the VGA and DVI ports
No. The card has to be installed first, most drivers will not install if they don't see the hardware. The OS will have a basic driver buiult in to get basic functionality(a display albeit at a low resolution). So install the card then install the driver. But as others have mentioned soldering on and using the unneeded 6-pin connector could have very well damaged the card.

Do you have a link to the ebay auction where you bought the card? There are alot of fakes on ebay.
They had just taken down the listing a day ago

bignastyid

Titan
You should still have a link to the closed listing in your email. But if ebay scrubbed it, it was likely because it was a scam and they like to get rid of those. Even just posing a pic of the gpu might be enough as most of the fakes used the same heatsink designs and are easy to spot.

Reactions: rgd1101