Nvidia installer failed

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
So I was trying to install and downloaded the nvidia drivers of 930M,

and after it says installing graphics drivers thingy after it moves a few bars it says "Installer failed"

fixes i tried:

I tried running DDU on safe mode and clean and restart but it didnt work.

i tried this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ7ljANPsk4&t=228s
then go to 01:24 - 03:52

i tried updating windows but im having trouble with it

there are two problems when im updating it, its either windows 10 installation failed or

windows couldnt complete the updates, undoing changes

i tried running windows update troubleshooter but doesnt seem to fix the problem..

so now i dont have nvidia drivers and im stuck with this intel integrated gpu... and i cant install new drivers, please help

specs: Intel core i3 2.00GHz

model: x455lf asus

ram: 8gb

gpu nvidia geforce 930m

64bit os

thanks.

Solution

Since the the usual fixes aren't working, I would probably suggest a fresh install of the operating system. You will need to back up your data. Then do a fresh install with your Windows 10 install media.
Are you specifying the exact GPU model and operating system when you are doing the driver search? When I've done this, it also does a comparability check prior to the install. I've had it fail the comparability check, but I just retry it and it passes.

I've never had the install fail.

It may be a situation where you need to be longed in to Windows as an administrator.

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
ive searched as

Product Type: Geforce
Product Series: Geforce 900M Series (Notebook)
Product: Geforce 930M
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bot
Language: English (US)

ive also tried running the installer as admin but didnt seem to work at all

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
I have a question there it says,

Desktop users: This is the only place you should be downloading drivers from. Some websites such as guru3d.com have drivers posted on their download pages but even those links actually come from the NVIDIA driver download.

Notebook users: Some laptops, especially older ones, require that you get your drivers directly from the manufacturer. If you attempt to install a driver from the NVIDIA site and get a message saying the driver could not find a compatable device then you will need to get your driver from the laptop manufacturer. Unfortuantely for you, this likely means that this driver will not have the latest feature set. NVIDIA is working with laptop manufacturers to eliminate this issue.

and i just checked on my manucfacturer's site it has the 2015 version of nvidia, should i still install from the asus website (my manufacturer's site) or the nvidia site

The graphics card manufacturer drivers are probably OK, but they usually aren't current.

I would get the graphics card drivers directly from http://www.geforce.com/drivers or http://support.amd.com/en-us/download .

About the only thing I download from guru3d is DDU.

First make sure that you have install those Intel Graphics (built-in) properly. So far in Laptops there is an order that they should be installed. first Intel then NVIDIA. Clean what you done with DDU and start like this.

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
i tried all those steps but nothing seems to work, please help me

also my ddu version is 18.0.0.6 but the latest is 18.0.0.7

does any of this has to do with the problem?

Since the the usual fixes aren't working, I would probably suggest a fresh install of the operating system. You will need to back up your data. Then do a fresh install with your Windows 10 install media.

Solution

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
That seems familiar, its a tool isnt it?

I think I also tried that before, I didnt used any usb or disc just my pc and when it downloaded,

It said "We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes".

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
I found something on device manager, its called "Unknown device"

what it says

Nvidia Geforce 930M

Windows found drivers in your device but encountered an error (blah blah)

The configuration registry database is corrupt.

Your operating system apparently is not recognizing the Nvidia Geforce 930M. On a desktop,I would suggest reseating the graphics card. But that isn't possible on a notebook. Try uninstalling the Nvidia Geforce 930M unknown device, and then do a search for new hardware. You can also use the Windows Hardware troubleshooter.

If this is a relatively new situation, try using a restoring the system to an an earlier restore point.

Otherwise, do the fresh install of Windows 10.

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
I already tried uninstalling the unknown device which is also my gpu, and scanned for hardware changes but didnt work.

I runned windows hardware troubleshooter, it asked me to restart my pc but nothing happend, still no gpu and I tried updating it but didnt work, same error when I try to update it.
(The configuration registry database is corrupt.)

Also how do I get a fresh install of Windows 10? I'm confused on searching it. Can you please tell me how?

also I'm afraid that when I get another fresh install of windows 10 it will just like, tell me "Fresh installation failed nothing changed" something like that since when I update windows 10 I always get that error update always fail and refreshing my pc also fails and also factory resetting pc, i doubt fresh install wont work but ill give it a try once you tell me how.

So kindly please tell me how and thank you for responding

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
I already know how to clean install windows, but after downloading from media creation tool from my usb,

after verifying it said "There was a problem running this tool"

please help

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
Hello, I've done a clean install of windows 10 through "Windows Media Creation Tool"

Things that was fixed:

I can install drivers now

Windows updated to version 1809 (latest version)

other database corruption or something

I have a question, can I uninstall the Windows.old folder?

Thank you for all your help and support, thank you for staying updated on this thread.

Big thanks to you terry.

Since the windows .old is corrupted, I'd delete it.

No a fresh install is actually a good thing. All the stuff that accumulates over time is now gone. It is like a Spring cleaning of your system.