Nvidia Introduces Impressive Features With New GeForce Experience Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Is it just me or dont geforce experience gets more and more bloated each version. Perhaps its a good time to make parts like this optional through a plug in system. Would allow peeps to install what they want rather than not at all die to bloat...

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015
Your article states in its last paragraph:
"The GeForce Experience Beta is available today from Nvidia."

However, on the nvidia's site it says:
"The Early Access Beta will be available in September, so check back to download!"
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/gfe-beta

Are these two different thing?

Thank you for pointing that out. I incorrectly posted it was available today. This is a mistake.
Nvidia's GeForce driver did get an update today, but the beta version of GeForce Experience with the new features is actually coming out in September.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
And all of these for the regular gamer is just bloatware. It`s nice to have as options but they are adding more and more stuff that most of the people won`t use.

And they still dind`t fixed the issue with SLI under Win 10, BF4 forums are full of complains.

No longer as much a need for broadcast streaming software.

I think Geforce Experience is unresponsive and clunky in general - and why does it take me longer to download driver updates through Experience than direct from Nvidia? - though this one-click streaming is pretty cool. Also easy uploads to youtube is pretty convenient.

During the driver install use the Custom (Advanced) installer option instead of the Express (Recommended) option.

The Custom install options allows you to unselect driver components that you may not want like 3D Vision Controller Driver or 3D Vision Driver or HD Audio Driver or NVIDIA GeForce Experience or PhysX System Software.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
During the driver install use the Custom (Advanced) installer option instead of the Express (Recommended) option.

The Custom install options allows you to unselect driver components that you may not want like 3D Vision Controller Driver or 3D Vision Driver or HD Audio Driver or NVIDIA GeForce Experience or PhysX System Software.

Think you miss understood, its easy to install without GF Experience was more leaning toward an plug in system for GF Experience itself so it could be installed without all stuff like this.

JustACitizen

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
I play Civ V and every time I let GForce Experience do game settings it messes up the resolution on my 2580x1440 monitor. It did it with my old system, I7-920 GYX660ti, and my new system, I7-4790 GTX 980. I don't let it do game setting anymore.

wysiwygbill

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
"...an Internet connection with at least 7 Mbps download and upload speed on both ends of the stream"

Most of the USA probably still has asynchronous DSL with < 1Mb upload speeds.

True, however I've seen 50mb and 100mb internet services for really cheap in major cities.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

True, however I've seen 50mb and 100mb internet services for really cheap in major cities.

Is it that bad in the US? Here in Denmark pretty much everyone can have at least a 60/20 connection. I'll soon go from 100/20 to 250/250.

paesan

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007

Is it that bad in the US? Here in Denmark pretty much everyone can have at least a 60/20 connection. I'll soon go from 100/20 to 250/250.

No it is not that bad at all, that is an exaggeration. I currently have 100/50 and can go up to 250/150 here in the US. Maybe in rural areas there are still slow connections but the heavily populated areas have fast connections.

Well yes and no. In big cities like Phoenix, Dallas, San Francisco, New York etc. you can get 100mb internet connections just fine. But if your far from a major city (like me) then it's tough. Fortunately my internet provider is wireless and on good days I get 12mb down and 7-8 mb up.

sportsmc3

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2013
I asked this site something about this concept about a year ago. Looks like Nvidia is now working on it. I think the main thing that steers me away from pc gaming is the constant tinkering with settings for different games, since I don't understand the different gpu settings. I have learned a lot from people on the internet, thankfully, but I still wish I could simply install the game and play.

RussK1

Splendid
Watch out on-line gamers! The joke that is PunkBuster may hand out bans (or violations) for it and their support bot "Alex J" will give the usual responses:

"The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

or

"We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be
removed. It is at the discretion of the third­party ban list administrator to remove any
ban given as a result of this violation.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who
triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a
cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game
account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a
different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find
out who is responsible for compromising your GUID."

Status
Not open for further replies.