Nvidia Intros Beta Driver Supporting SLI on AMD 900 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]8xx series chipset, any chance?[/citation]

dont quote me on this but if memory serves right, i dont think SLI was coming to the 8xx chipsets for amd. I think it was sticking just in the 9xx's.

Thats last i heard anyways.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Yesterday I saw a womans name on a medaical record of "kha, ha bich" So yeah some names are jacked up... but back to my original comment.

I like the idea that they are adding sli support to amd boards but why they refused for so long is beyond me. They said they didnt do it recently because amd wasnt the gamers cpu anymore... so what? If an amd guy wants to buy a pair of your exorbitantly priced cards WHY WOULD YOU STOP THEM? This move just says to me that Nvidia finally woke up to the fact that they were dissing a good sized chunk of the gamer market who might be willing to spend over a grand on 2 video cards (or more) and the income that would bring them.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Nvidia is just taking advantage of an opportunity since Bulldozer is coming soon and it may prove to be a successful platform.

[citation][nom]fir_ser[/nom]Nvidia is just taking advantage of an opportunity since Bulldozer is coming soon and it may prove to be a successful platform.[/citation]

When I read it, I did wonder if they knew something about BD, that the general public didn't. I'm sure they realise regardless of how the performance stacks up, many will embrace BD for fanboism and the love for an underdog. I'm almost set to buy a sandybridge setup... but somethin' keeps telling me to wait..just a bit...longer. I think I will wait.

G

If this driver is for SLI-certified motherboard then why is this needed? Any driver will work with SLI for SLI certified motherboard. If you have a SLI-certified AMD motherboard then why do you need this to run SLI??? Doens't make sense. Unless this driver works with CROSSFIRE-CERTIFIED (not compatible with SLI) motherboards to run SLI with Nvidia cards then this is something new.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Who are they trying to fool? Nvidia is only doing this to fight AMD's Fusion. It'll be cheaper to buy one AMD video card and Crossfire it with your Fusion APU than it will to buy two discrete Nvidia cards.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
Is it just me or does AMD and NVidia seem to be getting along pretty good lately?

- There's this, OpenCL, BAPCO.....

Status
Not open for further replies.