News Nvidia is now world's most valuable company by market cap, ahead of Apple, Microsoft, and Google

D

Deleted member 2731765

Thus spake Jensen: "See, I told ya guys ! The More You Buy, The More You Make".

nvda-over-400-is-he-gona-get-a-new-tattoo-v0-ms7b5i5o243b1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Blastomonas

Great
Oct 18, 2023
This makes me wonder if it'd possible for any company to compete against such resources.
It seems crazy that a company that is not a household name and only offers gpus and Ai chips is now more valuable than Microsoft, Amazon and Apple.

Reactions: valthuer

Yebemather

Reputable
Nov 1, 2020
"Analysts polled by Bloomberg believe that market capitalizations for the most successful technology companies could pass the $4 trillion mark, a truly stunning level."

Truly a world financial crisis that affects small AND big.

And there's always Bloomberg to put salt on injury. Stunning!

NeoMorpheus

Reputable
Jun 8, 2021
I can't complain since I ditched TeamRed after ATI was eaten by AMD, but man, I wish there was more competition.
Maybe i’m the only one not drinking the greedy company koolaid, but besides the 4090, everything else has direct competition from AMD.

Granted, you pull the RT nonsense that all influencers love to bring out but conveniently fail to mention that perhaps only 2 games makes some good use of it (cyberpunk and control) and AMD is not that good.

Hell, in many benchmarks, the 7900xtx is maybe 15% slower, yet cost 50% less.

But cant compete with bribed reviewers aka influencers and fanbois.

Anyways, i am really curious how this capitalization is sustainable when the revenue is so far behind, compared to apple and ms.

This is giving me some serious early 2000’s dejavú.

DavidLejdar

Respectable
Sep 11, 2022
From the ETFs I put some money in since several months ago (via savings plan), the semiconductor ETF is currently performing best, followed by a Taiwan ETF, as TSMC and, also e.g. ASML, have been performing quite well recently too.

Not meant as financial advice. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance, and there is risk, etc. (And even if one still assumes long-term growth, it may dip a bit in or for a few weeks.)

But it is nice, to be able to worry less about the price of GPUs, when part of the cost can be covered by a bit of potential extra income.

ManDaddio

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
There is more to NVIDIA GPUs than just RT. That's why a lot of people like them.
AMD shills always on here spreading misinformation.
But RT looks and plays fine in more than 2 games. People tend to show ignorance when spewing nonsense.