Question NVIDIA isn’t detecting my GPU

Jul 6, 2021
Hey all,
I’m trying to boot up my ox but somehow it’s not booting up via the HDMI (it shows a black screen), but when I boot it up via VGA it works but it says I’ve got an intel graphic GPU instead of GTX 1060, I even tried to boot up with a HDMI to VGA cable but nothing happens. What should I do?
BTW, on device manager the GTX GPU isn’t appears even in the hidden.

I’ve got ASROCK motherboard, GTX 1060 6gb, i5 6500

ChuVoyKon

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
You said it worked. So I guess you've plugged all the necessary cables into it?
And did you buy the 1060 new or second hand? Did you test it before you brought it home?

Jul 6, 2021
You said it worked. So I guess you've plugged all the necessary cables into it?
And did you buy the 1060 new or second hand? Did you test it before you brought it home?
I’ve used it a year ago, I’ve booted up my PC after that time. It has 6-pin cable, I’ve took it out and put it back in, the fans on the GPU works.

DSzymborski

Titan
Sounds like the GPU isn't working. You're not using it when you connect the motherboard to the monitor. And if you're using VGA, you're either not connecting the GPU to the monitor or you don't actually have a GTX 1060; there are no 1060s with a VGA port. Did this GPU ever work?

And if not, what are your full specs, including exact power supply?

Jul 6, 2021
Sounds like the GPU isn't working. You're not using it when you connect the motherboard to the monitor. And if you're using VGA, you're either not connecting the GPU to the monitor or you don't actually have a GTX 1060; there are no 1060s with a VGA port. Did this GPU ever work?

And if not, what are your full specs, including exact power supply?
Yep, it used to work, as I mentioned above, the fans on the GPU are working, both of them

Jul 6, 2021
Can you take a picture of the back panel of your case?
Well, do you have a DVI port on the GPU or not? You can clarify it with about 30 seconds of looking. Otherwise, without knowing the exact model of GTX 1060, nobody here has any way of knowing.

Yep I got a VGA port, by the way, it’s possible
that the HDMI isn’t working because the lack of drivers and the VGA will work? And when the output to the monitor isn’t from the GPU I won’t see the GPU in my pc specs?

X7Kxwjg_d.webp