News Nvidia Issues Fix for Windows 11 22H2 Lag and Stuttering Bugs

What problems are those? I've used it for many years and I like how it provides driver alerts and can optimize for particular games.

Same here. I first started using it back in 2014 or so when running 970s in SLI (EVGA SCs). I continue to use it because I like the semi-transparent (non-intrusive) performance overlay for MSFS and racing sims for monitoring GPU temps as well as monitoring the % of GPU usage in heavy scenery. It blends in well with the cockpit gauges. It also makes quick work of taking videos and screenshots. Anyone who calls it garbage has clearly never used it (or doesn't know how to).

Last edited:
What problems are those? I've used it for many years and I like how it provides driver alerts and can optimize for particular games.

I've had issues with the overlay in some games, but that's not something unique to GE, Steam overlay causes the same issue in the same games, Xbox too. My only real "objection" to it is the required login for driver updates. The terms of service clearly state that it collects personally identifiable information about both the customer and the customers system. I know they are likely just using it for internal marketing but it should be anonymous and well, didn't they just have a data breach? Yes, I know customer data was not reported as leaked but it goes to point. Not that I'm not hard against such information gathering but they don't need personally identifiable information for marketing, and definitely not to notify of a driver update. Ones information is never secure in the hands of a third party, ever. Anyways, as far as what GE DOES provide, I just don't use any of it. Its optimizations left a something to be desired when I did try it. I got better results myself although the settings descriptions it provides can be very helpful even if generic. The system monitoring is less detailed than I prefer and I have Afterburner running anyways for GPU undervolt/overclock and Ryzen Master for CPU/memory stuff. Freestyle is cool and I was excited to use it but the overlay issue reared up which was disappointing, so I just uninstalled, maybe I'll try ReShade one day idk. Anyways glad to see Nvidia got this fixed tout suite for those who do use it.

LastStanding

Prominent
May 5, 2022
I've had issues with the overlay in some games, but that's not something unique to GE, Steam overlay causes the same issue in the same games, Xbox too. My only real "objection" to it is the required login for driver updates. The terms of service clearly state that it collects personally identifiable information about both the customer and the customers system. I know they are likely just using it for internal marketing but it should be anonymous and well, didn't they just have a data breach? Yes, I know customer data was not reported as leaked but it goes to point. Not that I'm not hard against such information gathering but they don't need personally identifiable information for marketing, and definitely not to notify of a driver update. Ones information is never secure in the hands of a third party, ever. Anyways, as far as what GE DOES provide, I just don't use any of it. Its optimizations left a something to be desired when I did try it. I got better results myself although the settings descriptions it provides can be very helpful even if generic. The system monitoring is less detailed than I prefer and I have Afterburner running anyways for GPU undervolt/overclock and Ryzen Master for CPU/memory stuff. Freestyle is cool and I was excited to use it but the overlay issue reared up which was disappointing, so I just uninstalled, maybe I'll try ReShade one day idk. Anyways glad to see Nvidia got this fixed tout suite for those who do use it.

Obviously, the required login is to eliminate, or drastically reduce, just ANY GPU from using its software.

You fear telemetry/spoofing/tracking?!

Well, stop using MS, Google, Apple, etc.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
Obviously, the required login is to eliminate, or drastically reduce, just ANY GPU from using its software.

How does requiring a login accomplish that? I used to use GE until they started requiring a login. I uninstalled it and never looked back, but I'm comfortable tweaking my own settings anyway and I have apps I like better for gathering GPU data.

Unless you use the features of the software, and value those features more than the potential issues with the software, extra resources used by the software, and telemetry tracking in the software, then I would say just uninstall the software.

Just because it's very difficult to 'detach oneself' from the tracking and telemetry gathering of big corporations, because of the ubiquitous nature of their goods and services, doesn't mean we shouldn't care about our personal metadata (e.g. was it collected legally, who collects it, for what purpose was it collected, how is my data protected from illegal or careless dissemination, is enough of my data stored in one place to identify me specifically, etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Where did I say I feared anything about telemetry, I said I don't like the fact it's personally identifiable read my whole comment please. That software (GE) won't do jack on anything other than an Nvidia GPU either, the login requirement is absolutely not to do with that lol. It's there, to get an agreement to the Terms of Service, to allow them to legally gather the desired information. That information is then used internally to pay (read reduced costs for targeted advertising) for the services that Nvidia is rendering (the Software). It's like nothing comes for free eh?

LastStanding

Prominent
May 5, 2022
Unless you use the features of the software, and value those features more than the potential issues with the software, extra resources used by the software, and telemetry tracking in the software, then I would say just uninstall the software.

Just because it's very difficult to 'detach oneself' from the tracking and telemetry gathering of big corporations, because of the ubiquitous nature of their goods and services, doesn't me we shouldn't care about our personal metadata (e.g. was it collected legally, who collects it, for what purpose was it collected, how is my data protected from illegal or careless dissemination, is enough of my data stored in one place to identify me specifically, etc.).

Those questions are absurd and fearmongering at its best. Unless the one in question are apart of somethingvery rogue behind the scenes, normal consumers' life's have NOTHING to fear, AT ALL.

I haven't read (yet) a person's life were changed severely worst and reversed an 180 due to telemetry, etc.

Oh... that's right... the potential of something happening, huh?!

Well, there's the "potential" a meteor falling down and destroying California, right? :pt1cable:

Reactions: ziziTop3070

LastStanding

Prominent
May 5, 2022
Where did I say I feared anything about telemetry, I said I don't like the fact it's personally identifiable read my whole comment please. That software (GE) won't do jack on anything other than an Nvidia GPU either, the login requirement is absolutely not to do with that lol. It's there, to get an agreement to the Terms of Service, to allow them to legally gather the desired information. That information is then used internally to pay (read reduced costs for targeted advertising) for the services that Nvidia is rendering (the Software). It's like nothing comes for free eh?
Yeah, sure. :vip:

Those questions are absurd and fearmongering at its best. Unless the one in question are apart of somethingvery rogue behind the scenes, normal consumers' life's have NOTHING to fear, AT ALL.

I haven't read (yet) a person's life were changed severely worst and reversed an 180 due to telemetry, etc.

Oh... that's right... the potential of something happening, huh?!

Well, there's the "potential" a meteor falling down and destroying California, right? :pt1cable:

A pretty riled up reply for a generally reasonable comment, clearly you work for Big Data....

/s if it's needed

Reactions: alceryes
Sep 26, 2022
Upgraded to Windows 11 two days ago and noticed a huge frame drop and stuttering in BF1 which was not present before. Fired up Unigine Valley benchmark as I know I was getting around 142 fps, and to my surprise there were significant amount of dropped frames and scored 126, I thought windows 11 was the reason, tried whatever I could find on the internet as suggested fixes after upgrading from W10, but nothing worked. Last night I saw the article on my Newsfeed and today I gave it a go, and to my surprise it fixed my issues. After benching again, the Valey scored 147fps, with no visible issues. Also launched BF1 and it was playing as smooth as butter.

RTX 3070

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015

How is the login tied to reducing just any gpu, as you put it, from using it exactly? I don't get what you mean here...

There is a huge issue with having to login and your data being collected. It doesn't have to be about fearing just nvidia alone and any of those companies that you mention. But if you can't understand the issues that it presents, especially going into the future, then you are these companies wet dream.

Anyone who calls it garbage has clearly never used it (or doesn't know how to).
It is often a useless program at best and at worst a hinderince (like now).
Unless you have no idea how to set settings according to your hardware and if you can't figure out how to download a new driver version yourself, then i could see the potential in ge experience, otherwise you're best served at not installing another overlay/monitoring/resource program.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014

The problems are reported in the forums. Micro stuttering for me, you won't notice it unless you look really closely. You don't even have to be actively using any of the features and it dogs your performance in various ways.

Oct 25, 2022
im running version 3.26.0.154 with an rtx 3090 and I still have this issue when I'm recording. regardless of what resolution or bitrate I set this to.. does anybody have any suggestions? i never had issues prior to updating to windows 11