Nvidia Launches Tesla Personal Supercomputer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtbaker420

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
Cool, That's a LOT of raw power. Could this be re-configured to chunk through games??? Use the number crunching power of this unit like a processor and then run it through some high end video cards. If it has 4gig sys.ram/card that could blaze through some Fallout3-FarCry2-Crysis.
Anybody got 10g's I can "borrow"?

G

This is old news. Tesla has been available for about 1 year.

kschoche

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
These cards are basically just older Nvidia gaming cards with more memory, I think its just the 200 series chips. Yeah, assuming you had a way to address all of that space properly, and had a video out, they would be able to game, but thats again, not the point of this machine.

kschoche

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]I wanna see some benchmarks xD[/citation]
Benchmarks of what?
Number crunching? All you're going to get is the same PR results at the very best: 900GFlop SP, 93GFlop DP

These dont have video outs, so good luck getting anything else.

mikepaul

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
I sure hope my personal economy is doing OK around tax return time, so I can spring for the best GTX 280 shipping at that time. I'd settle for one decent GPU to play with CUDA programming...

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
for For my 3d rendering needs in I cant see anything so I apologize in advance for any typo's. This is huge news as 3d rendering nuts, such as myself would love it. too bad I could never afford it. But I am sure Newtek's Lightwave and maya would love it.

G

hello to you all, i was wondering that anyone actually bought this and test it.
I am particularly interested to use it to render in 3D Studio MAX for animations or similar and if someone test this please place a comment.

Thank you.

G

Hi,
i am in Indonesia,
i plan to buy Nvidia Tesla Personal Supercomputer,
would you inform the price and where to buy
thx n rgds
donie

Status
Not open for further replies.