Nvidia Maximus 2.0 Demoed in Videos From SIGGRAPH 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'm really confused how they still manage to not get sued by ASUS. I wonder if they already come to some kind of an anonymous agreement? Because, seriously, naming your product like that is just like getting bare naked, painting yourself red, and then running before ASUS's main office's entrance while laughing hysterically and screaming "neh-neh-ne-ne-neh! Come on, sue me!".

G

Its not a matter of can it run crysis. Its a matter of how many fps we could get if we ray-trace the entire damn game.

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Well, the thing is, most GPU computing tasks including GPU-accelerated rendering, are single-precision floating point- which the Kepler architecture is faster at.

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Draven35[/nom]Well, the thing is, most GPU computing tasks including GPU-accelerated rendering, are single-precision floating point- which the Kepler architecture is faster at.[/citation]

Faster than what?

someperson123

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
"I'm really confused how they still manage to not get sued by ASUS. I wonder if they already come to some kind of an anonymous agreement? Because, seriously, naming your product like that is just like getting bare naked, painting yourself red, and then running before ASUS's main office's entrance while laughing hysterically and screaming "neh-neh-ne-ne-neh! Come on, sue me!". "

You do realize that Maximus is a Roman name that far predates ASUS right?

Unless you expect ASUS to sue the Roman Empire for the name Quintus Maximus...

Status
Not open for further replies.