Nvidia Next-Gen Kepler GPUs Slated for Q2 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooldj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
i think the kepler launch dates predicted by 4Gamer.net are a bit ahead. Infact nvidia has a trend of pursuiting next gen starting with 2 high tier units, later on they add the cutdown versions

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]kooldj[/nom]i think the kepler launch dates predicted by 4Gamer.net are a bit ahead. Infact nvidia has a trend of pursuiting next gen starting with 2 high tier units, later on they add the cutdown versions[/citation]

Not when Apple expects you to deliver.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
i think the kepler launch dates predicted by 4Gamer.net are a bit ahead. Infact nvidia has a trend of pursuiting next gen starting with 2 high tier units, later on they add the cutdown versions
yeah it seem they offer two high end then two low end then one x2 card when there single gpu sollution gets mauled to death but AMD's dual gpu card :)

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]doron[/nom]Not when Apple expects you to deliver.[/citation]
Since when has Apple been clamoring for better video hardware in their computers? They've only offered generation behind video hardware as long as I can remember, and a quick glance at the Apple store shows that yes, the best card you can get from them is a 5870.

Put down the fanboy koolaid, Apple doesn't drive the hardware industry.

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
im getting the feeling that amd is going to trounce nvidia in this round!!!

i just hope for a good showing from the gtx 660......

can you imagine the evil gtx 666 "GLH" (goes like hell) edition

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
" before 2013 and arrive with a 512-bit GDDR5 interface."...

Their going to need it if AMD/ATI use the memory rumored to be in the upcoming 7000 series of graphics cards. Even with a 512bit interface.. i dunno..??

why isn't nvidia launching the high end flagship gpus first? could it be their yield issue with kepler at tsmc? meanwhile amd seems to be well on track with their products.
nvidia's vram capacity choice is still weird, why go for 1.5 gb when you can get more from full 2 gb?

zanny

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]why isn't nvidia launching the high end flagship gpus first? could it be their yield issue with kepler at tsmc? meanwhile amd seems to be well on track with their products.nvidia's vram capacity choice is still weird, why go for 1.5 gb when you can get more from full 2 gb?[/citation]

Both AMD and Nvidia will launch around the same time because they are both dependent on TSMC 28 nm silicon. That also is going to be interesting because the best gpu will be a function of who marginalizes profit the most to maximize transistor counts and who has the better architecture. The hardware proper is being made with the same transistors.

G

il just buy a whole new rig when ivy bridge is out for a month or two ^^

FunSurfer

Distinguished

Why too weird? ATI equipped their cards with GDDR5 waaaaay before nVidia. This is quite normal. Or maybe nVidia knows something that we don't?

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Since when has Apple been clamoring for better video hardware in their computers? They've only offered generation behind video hardware as long as I can remember, and a quick glance at the Apple store shows that yes, the best card you can get from them is a 5870.Put down the fanboy koolaid, Apple doesn't drive the hardware industry.[/citation]

ROFL ! This statement is so true. In many ways.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
i have no idea why people would care for new PC hardware now. there is no point in getting new PC hardware until shortly after a new generation of game consoles is released.

banthracis

Distinguished
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]i have no idea why people would care for new PC hardware now. there is no point in getting new PC hardware until shortly after a new generation of game consoles is released.[/citation]

Eyefinity setups, 3D setups, or 3D surround setups.

Not everyone is simply using a single 1080p 60hz screen.

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]i have no idea why people would care for new PC hardware now. there is no point in getting new PC hardware until shortly after a new generation of game consoles is released.[/citation]

because it is always nice to have a hardware that beyond console or everything else in the earth.. so we can make sure to crank that shit up! to experience the smoothest frame rates. thats the point.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

Is this a serious question or you're just 14?

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
nice to know its 128bit. its going to be packed with other goodies! (dual 1GB modules chip @ 64bit x 2) I hope they compensate for the bandwidth and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.