NVIDIA Nforce 4 Drivers... To Install, Or Not To Install

dg6464

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005
Alrighty everyone, I believe there have been a few posts about this in other forums ect.. But I would like to here this from the experts here, and personal experiences. I have a Giga-byte K8NXP-SLI motherboard (yeah I know, I realize my mistake now...), and this board has an Nforce 4 SLI chipset. I do use the SATA-II/SATA-3G connection on the board, I run two 300GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10 SATA drives. I have installed the Nforce 4 SATA-Floppy F6 drivers on the XP install and now have not nearly as many issues as before with this chipset. Anywayz, here goes the actual question...

Should I install the Nforce 4 Forceware drivers, if so, what drivers should I install, everything but the IDE, SW?!?
I personally don't use the network management tool provided, so I say no to this tool, but what should, and shouldn't I install. The thing I have noticed is that once I install these drivers, it lists all of my SATA-based hard-drives as removable devices, now I realize this may be because of hot-swapability, and servers and whatnot, but it's just annoying. If you require a detailed specifications of my current system, just POST back, but this thread is just to get everyones personal experiences with this issue, and what they think I should do with my next Windows reload. Right now I have them all installed, and am currently experiencing no difficulties. The only problem I have had so far is that randomly the machine will stay at the "Loading Windows XP..." screen with the green/blue bar loading accross for about 5 minutes or so, but this is not very often. Anywayz, enough of my ranting, any suggestions or input would be great.

Quickspecs of my PC:

Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz Older Core Version
Giga-byte GA-K8NXP-SLI Motherboard
2GB (4x512MB) Kingston RAM
2x300GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10 (One SATA-150, One SATA-300)
Hard-drive Cooling Unit(2-Fan)
PNY 256MB PCI-E Geforce 7800GT
Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music
Plextor DVD+/-RW/ LG DVD-ROM
Floppy, Flash/Media Card Reader
520WATT Acepower Power Supply
Thermaltake Damier IV Case/Volcano 12+ Extreme CPU Cooler
Windows XP Pro SP2 + All Updates

dg6464

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005
Rofl, never even knew there was a giga-byte motherboard forum, even though there is, I thought this is more of a software issue, and an opinionated question that is not just specifically geared towards giga-byte motherboards. Many motherboards have the Nforce 4 chipset, and I was wondering people's opinions about what to do with the Forceware drivers set. The issues I have described effect other boards with the Nforce 4 chipsets, so any input would be appreciated, if a moderator would rather me move this to a different forum, i'll do so; but I thought that's what this forum was for. If not, sorry for having bothered everyone for their opinions....