Question Nvidia not detected in your system windows 11

Aug 19, 2022
Good day all. I have an Asus Rog Strix g513IC AMD ryzen 7 4000 series with Geforce rtx 3050... Ever since my windows update I have been getting the error "not detected in your system".. I have checked my device manager and it is not under display adapters even when I toggle show hidden devices to on.. I entered bios mode and the grahics card shows up. It also shows up that the pc has one in armoury crate.. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated

Aug 19, 2022

Colif

Win 11 Master
what windows update did you get?

Which Ryzen 7 4000 series CPU is it? Wonder if update installed AMD GPU drivers... still doesn't explain why Nvidia card is missing.

wonder if running this in safe mode and removing any Nvidia drivers you have might let you reinstall new drivers

New Nvidia driver on here - https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/2021-rog-strix-g15-series/helpdesk_download/

I wonder if any linux benchmarks to prove GPU actually works.
Thinking, just cause it can see it may not prove it works. That and linux is easier on hardware so it working in there might not mean it would work in windows. Windows seem to stress it more.

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
uninstall the video driver, shut the computer off for 4 minutes, Reboot and windows will reinstall the driver. When window reinstalls drivers it also straightens out problems. Be careful not to delete the driver when prompted. Note* do not uninstall the scan for hardware changes, the driver comes right back but it rarely does anything. Goto device manager to find the video card driver.