Nvidia Now @ full Intel Support

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Well I Used to be a 100% Amd fan untill They betrayed Nvidia and went with the canadian Company Ati . Well If U check Nvidias website U will notice that they are announcing Sli for the Intel chipset . According to them it will be an upgrade to use the intel chipset with sli but in reality we all know that the 590 nforce will run faster .

I cant belive Amd betrayed Nvidia , but now nvidia and Intel are together in some sort of way , atlest in chipsets wich will help us new bandwagon jumpers.

Now Where the F!!! do I find a core2 without having to wait 2 weeks or paying %30 mark up..

When I thought of Sli I thought of Amd now I have to think Intel.

voxel

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
If you can afford SLI - what's 30% markup on CPUs afterall? Why the obsession with SLI(or CrossFire for ATI fanboys)? Are you building the ultimate gaming machine?

Fanboys are retarded.

uk_gangsta

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2006
If you can afford SLI - what's 30% markup on CPUs afterall? Why the obsession with SLI(or CrossFire for ATI fanboys)? Are you building the ultimate gaming machine?

Fanboys are retarded.

You are retarded :D

martyjs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
From what I"ve read AMD has no intention in stoping there relationship with Nvidia. I suspect they may even talked to Nvidia. It takes 2 to tango, you can't buy someone who dosn't want to be bought 8)

CptCpu

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Either way when AMD bought ATI it couldn't have sent good meesages to Nvidia espically since it was their bigest rival in the industry. The only thing I will be mad about is if ATI nows makes it possible to get proformance increases on future AMD machines and no where else.

post_man

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2006
I don't see why Nvidia would want to harm their relationship with AMD, it has made them both quite a bit of money in the past. Sure Nvidia may be a bit wary of the possible implications of the ATI purchase, and may even want to ensure a working relationship with Intel, but I seriously doubt collaboration between Nvidia and AMD will stop in the future.

The fact is Intel is a much bigger competitor to Nvidia then a merged AMD/ATI. So even if Nvidia feels slighted they would be crazy to screw themselves by only backing one company when they can make more money working with two.

MarcusL

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Nvidia was going to release a SLI chipset for Intel CPUs regardless of any AMD or ATI plans. They will always make chipsets for both Intel and AMD to maximize their market opportunities.

This doesn't mean that Nvidia has written off AMD or has embraced Intel. It is just business as usual until the long term effects of the merger can be understood.

pat

Expert
From what I"ve read AMD has no intention in stoping there relationship with Nvidia. I suspect they may even talked to Nvidia. It takes 2 to tango, you can't buy someone who dosn't want to be bought 8)

Do you really believe that? It takes two to dance --- just because AMD wants to continue the little love affair that would assume that nVidia would also want to....

For tango, it takes music..
money here is the music.. so yes, they will do tango for a while...

Gormeroth

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
i take it this means that an nforce 590 conroe sli motherboard won't be out for quite some time... considering that they're making a big deal about actually having nforce 4 for conroe...

ConsciousTech

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
The reason nVidia and AMD would cut off ties is simple. AMD now owns ATI, the rival of nVidia. Would you support a company that now owns the other 50% of the graphic card industry? No, they would run to the chipsets' rival, Intel.

If this continues I believe we may start seeing a bundle war, Intel and nVidia vs. AMD and ATI...if this were to happen, consumers would be rolling over in bliss. Which would upset the current trend where if Intel and nVidia don't hook up we won't be seeing a lot of advancements in the graphic industry; with nVidia being the only sole cross-platform graphics developer big enough to get it done.

EDIT: This is based purely off speculation and what I HOPE to see, so don't ask me for "zeh benchmarks".

stOrmy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

Interesting. Yet we are seeing Nvidia and Intel forming a greater relationship. Just look at Nvidia's site.

stOrmy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
Nvidia was going to release a SLI chipset for Intel CPUs regardless of any AMD or ATI plans. They will always make chipsets for both Intel and AMD to maximize their market opportunities.

This doesn't mean that Nvidia has written off AMD or has embraced Intel. It is just business as usual until the long term effects of the merger can be understood.

I may have read this wrong but I thought that Nvidia was going to also allow SLI on Intel chipsets along with their own. That would be something I wouldn't have expected. Again, I may have read the article wrong so please verify this information and let me know.

Try Nvidia's site because I believe they listed the Intel 975 chipset.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
Well I Used to be a 100% Amd fan untill They betrayed Nvidia and went with the canadian Company Ati . Well If U check Nvidias website U will notice that they are announcing Sli for the Intel chipset . According to them it will be an upgrade to use the intel chipset with sli but in reality we all know that the 590 nforce will run faster .

I cant belive Amd betrayed Nvidia , but now nvidia and Intel are together in some sort of way , atlest in chipsets wich will help us new bandwagon jumpers.

Now Where the F!!! do I find a core2 without having to wait 2 weeks or paying %30 mark up..

When I thought of Sli I thought of Amd now I have to think Intel.
They did the best possible move they could, they did not betray anyone. IT is all business...

You do what you can to survive and grow.

muchilus

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2002
by my own experience by the years i had on this sector, i don't think amd=>nvidia relation partnership will be off. is totally inversed. Nvidia Ceo has talk and says:On hearing the news that AMD is gobbling up ATI, NVIDIA's CEO said that it's great news for his own company. "I thought it was just impossible to get a gift like this," said Jen-Hsun Huang. "ATI is basically throwing in the towel, leaving us as the only stand-alone (graphics chip) company in the world."

Note: AMD has said that it wants to keep NVIDIA as a platform partner, and that it welcomes competition with its new division. It remains to be seen whether NVIDIA is comfortable with such a tenuous partnership, or if it prefers to hitch its wagon exclusively to Intel.

Source: www.guru3d.com
so if you read it, you'll see that think are not like people are talking, amd and nvidia will keep their relation as normal.

i've waiting for the updates platform of amd to switch 65nm process and they k8l modify architecture.

let's see.

zpert

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
i take it this means that an nforce 590 conroe sli motherboard won't be out for quite some time... considering that they're making a big deal about actually having nforce 4 for conroe...

Actually here's a quote right from nVidia's site. It sounds like 590 conroe sli chipset mobo will be out very soon, possibly this week if it goes as they said it might. Here's the quote:

NVIDIA is really excited about the introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo into the marketplace, and we have a whole top-to-bottom family of products from the NVIDIA nForce4 and NVIDIA nForce 500 families, including the industry's only true dual x16 PCIe solution, as well as support for NVIDIA QuadSLI.

Currently, the first product shipping with support for Intel Core 2 Duo will be the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE motherboard. This motherboard is based on the award-winning NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP and should be available around 7/27.

Several additional motherboard models will be announced by NVIDIA shortly. There are an assortment of NVIDIA nForce 500-based motherboards coming soon. They include:

An ECS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $90 USD!

An ASUS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $110 USD.

A DFI nForce 590 SLI motherboard. I don't know their retail price yet.

An ASUS 590 SLI motherboard. Retail price will be under $200 USD with availability around 8/1.
A list of Intel processors that are fully supported by NVIDIA can be found here. Please check back for further information.

Hope this helps some of you make your decision. If it helps to know, I've been researching for a new computer for the last month, and I'm going to wait for the 590 sli for intel to come out. Here's a real good review of it from Anandtech.

-Paul

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

Actually here's a quote right from nVidia's site. It sounds like 590 conroe sli chipset mobo will be out very soon, possibly this week if it goes as they said it might. Here's the quote:

NVIDIA is really excited about the introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo into the marketplace, and we have a whole top-to-bottom family of products from the NVIDIA nForce4 and NVIDIA nForce 500 families, including the industry's only true dual x16 PCIe solution, as well as support for NVIDIA QuadSLI.

Currently, the first product shipping with support for Intel Core 2 Duo will be the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE motherboard. This motherboard is based on the award-winning NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 MCP and should be available around 7/27.

Several additional motherboard models will be announced by NVIDIA shortly. There are an assortment of NVIDIA nForce 500-based motherboards coming soon. They include:

An ECS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $90 USD!

An ASUS 570 SLI motherboard that will have a retail price of only $110 USD.

A DFI nForce 590 SLI motherboard. I don't know their retail price yet.

An ASUS 590 SLI motherboard. Retail price will be under $200 USD with availability around 8/1.
A list of Intel processors that are fully supported by NVIDIA can be found here. Please check back for further information.

Hope this helps some of you make your decision. If it helps to know, I've been researching for a new computer for the last month, and I'm going to wait for the 590 sli for intel to come out. Here's a real good review of it from Anandtech.

-Paul

Cool, looks like i'm finally going to be able to get SLI on my D930 :D