News Nvidia Officially Increases European Prices on RTX 30-Series

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Nvidia: "we care about gamers!"

After numerous scummy deeds in the past years, months, weeks, here's another scummy one just for EU. A price hike just for you!
Because **** the EU, right?

It's not like we already had higher prices than US, no no no, let's raise them more.

Lately every month, nah every week, nvidia reminds me why I gave my money to AMD and not them and will continue to do so.

edit:
"No. It is related to exchange rate fluctuation. That is all." - Nvidia representative.
Hahaha :LOL::ROFLMAO: Good one.

Last edited:
Nvidia: "we care about gamers!"

After numerous scummy deeds in the past years, months, weeks, here's another scummy one just for EU. A price hike just for you!
Because **** the EU, right?

It's not like we already had higher prices than US, no no no, let's raise them more.

Lately every month, nah every week, nvidia reminds me why I gave my money to AMD and not them and will continue to do so.

edit:

Hahaha :LOL::ROFLMAO: Good one.

It’s not the first time in the last 19 years prices have been adjust because of an FX change. If you check the EUR to USD over the last years the EUR has been on a steady downward slope. It’s inevitable that will impact imported goods.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
It’s not the first time in the last 19 years prices have been adjust because of an FX change. If you check the EUR to USD over the last years the EUR has been on a steady downward slope. It’s inevitable that will impact imported goods.
Let's be real they earn 2x to 3x of MSRP's profit and they "need" to also hike the price for this reason stated above too? Really?

In that humongous profit they earn already, they cannot eat that little 5% increase and at least for once seem to care for customers?

GREED has risen to monumental levels and it will reach the sky and beyond, there is not limit for greed. This is just another excuse for that.

F them. They deserve all the bad PR and mindshare. They deserve a lot worse actually...

Let's be real they earn 2x to 3x of MSRP's profit and they "need" to also hike the price for this reason stated above too? Really?

In that humongous profit they earn already, they cannot eat that little 5% increase and at least for once seem to care for customers?

GREED has risen to monumental levels and it will reach the sky and beyond, there is not limit for greed. This is just another excuse for that.

F them. They deserve all the bad PR and mindshare. They deserve a lot worse actually...
But that’s the point, this change is to the MSRP adjusting for FX. Unless gpu prices come back to normal it makes no difference as price is determined by supply and the market. If prices came back to MSRP in the next few months the price has been adjusted to reflect the change in FX.

Reactions: Why_Me

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
But that’s the point, this change is to the MSRP adjusting for FX. Unless gpu prices come back to normal it makes no difference as price is determined by supply and the market. If prices came back to MSRP in the next few months the price has been adjusted to reflect the change in FX.
Just ignore the AMD troll. All he does is spam the board with anti Nvidia/Intel garbage. As usual, he doesn't know what he is talking about. The price increases in Europe are only for the Founder's Edition cards sold by Nvidia to select retailers that have to sell them at the listed MSRP. This isn't a price increase on cards selling for 2-3x MSRP. Considering component cost increases, inflation, and shipping cost increases since these cards were announced in 2020, it's pretty remarkable that this is the first price increase and 5.5% isn't that big a deal. The inflation rate alone in the EU is about 5.3% right now.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...force-rtx-30-founders-edition-cards-in-europe

RTX-30-Pricing-NBB-768x574.png

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021

its a business not a social club. Its about making money not friends.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
its a business not a social club. Its about making money not friends.
Were they not making money at MSRP for 20 years until now?

Are they not making money at 2x MSRP? At 3x MSRP? Because these are the prices now.

Do they need extra 5% or 10% over that 2x-3x MSRP that they already charge?

Can people be more ignorant and brainwashed into defending these prices and more price increases? Can they be?
I guess they can... When the GPUs will cost $5000 someone will defend those prices and another price increase to $6000, right?

Lunacy asylum.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Were they not making money at MSRP for 20 years until now?

Are they not making money at 2x MSRP? At 3x MSRP? Because these are the prices now.
When your product is in high demand it's logical to capitalize on that. Not to mention prices of the materials to make GPUs have gone up.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
The people selling GPUs at 2-3X MSRP are the retailers and scalpers, not AMD and Nvidia. AMD and Nvidia get whatever price they contracted with AiBs to provide those GPU+GDDR6 kits for however long those contracts run for.
Sorry, but the fundamental issue starts with the MSRP being too high already.

Yes, 2x-3x MSRP are charging AIBs, shops (which are official scalpers) and individual scalpers, but what people forgot and now completely ignore is that the MSRPs are too high, those are already wrong and were wrong since Turing.

2080 Ti at $1200 MSRP was too much and not worth it, yet people said, "no it's good, give me +30% performance over 1080Ti and +70% increase in price, because we belive the RTX and DLSS lie". And it was a lie for almost 2 years and then they realized the $1200 2080 Ti can only do RTX and 1080p! Such a great GPU!

3090 at $1500 MSRP is too much and not worth it, it should not cost that much.
3080 Ti at $1200 is too much and not worth it.
3080 12GB does not even have an MSRP! - that in itself is ludicrous and because they could not delete the MSRP of the already launched GPUs they now increase it, for those GPUs.
3080 10GB is the only high tier GPU that has a fair MSRP and now will be unofficially discontinued, because they have the new 12GB version to milk the sheeple.
3070 Ti (8GB) at $600 MSRP is too much and not worth it.
3090 Ti and 3070 Ti 16GB will aslo NOT have an MSRP! - ripoff to the next level. How much more proof do people need to see the scumminess of nvidia?

The mid and lower end SKUs are more or less ok with their MSRP, but all those I stated above are wrong and people should not accept those prices as good prices, just because we have insane 2x-3x prices too.

Too many people with more money than sense, too many brainwashed fanbois and zombie consumers... yeah, the world is turning into a lunacy asylum because there are more people that support any and every price increase of these companies.

And now nvidia raises the MSRP even more? I don't care about their legal and financial excuses for doing it... no one, I repeat, NO ONE (sane) should be ok with even higher prices and more price hikes.

And no, AMD or intel having high prices or increasing their prices is not ok either... it's not just nvidia.

DSzymborski

Titan
The basic problem here is you're defining value as what you are willing to pay for something. You keep throwing around "too much" and "not worth it" as if you were the God-Emperor of retail pricing, blessed with divine authority to determine the worth of something.

Yes, I'd like to pay less for things that I do now. But any purchase involves the voluntary agreement of two parties, not the arbitrary temper tantrums of one.

Reactions: jacob249358

InvalidError

Titan
Sorry, but the fundamental issue starts with the MSRP being too high already.
I don't like the prices going up either but as borski pointed out, prices you like doesn't define the value of things.

The market value of something is determined by the price the MARKET is willing to pay for the available supply of something. GPUs being perpetually out of stock at 2-3X their MSRP is actually a sign that MSRPs are far too low for the current market. Also, many of the MSRPs were set long before major component price hikes (mainly GDDR6 and VRM) on AMD's and Nvidia's back-ends which makes some of them currently impossible to meet.

GPU prices have been steadily going up overall since the days where GPGPU started gaining significant traction with AMD and Nvidia shifting more of their attention toward institutional sales. Now gamers are competing with corporations, universities, research facilities, datacenters, etc. for the same silicon they are willing to pay 5-10X as much as consumers for to stuff it into a supercomputer, render farm, big data crunchers, AI learning, etc. Crypto is just the new kid on the block between gamers and GPGPU clients on the willing-to-pay-bigger-bucks ladder that gamers have to compete against for available supply.

While I can see the point about MSRP being too high it’s not uncommon. It’s fairly common for top end luxury items to be priced at a significant price premium. Cars, watches, sports equipment, even smart bulbs (Hue). Another hobby I have is model aircraft, I can spend £600 on a very good transmitter that is perfectly good enough for 99.99% of aircraft you can buy or build, if I want the top end transmitter model it is £2.6k. There is no way it costs 4.3 times more to make. I guess if you have the money to spend £5k, £10k, £15k or more on a jet and you have multiple jets the extra £2k for posing rights for the transmitter is pocket change.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
The basic problem here is you're defining value as what you are willing to pay for something. You keep throwing around "too much" and "not worth it" as if you were the God-Emperor of retail pricing, blessed with divine authority to determine the worth of something.

Yes, I'd like to pay less for things that I do now. But any purchase involves the voluntary agreement of two parties, not the arbitrary temper tantrums of one.
Just because there is a majority of [insert name calling] jumping of a cliff when someone [or company] says so, the intrisic fact of them being a majority does not validate or guarantee they are right, correct or even sane...

My tamper tantrum, as you call it, is actually a voice out or wake up call for those few still able to use their mental faculty as normal people do and still say NO, we won't jump of that cliff. At the same time besides voting with my wallet, this is a way of letting the puppeteers know, not everyone one of us is a brain dead zombie consumer and their cash cow puppet.

In a world increasingly more insane (in all aspects of life) the majority insane will call insane the few actually sane ones. I don't expect to be any different in this case, nor do I seek or want recognition or validation. I know what I know and I know I'm right about this aspect.

"All that is needed for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing." - ignorance is a slippery slope, from good to mediocre to bad to tyranny to the end. You give them now an inch, tomorrow they take a mile and then later everything.

Ignorance, complacency, naivety, psychological manipulation, gluttony and the satisfaction of their whims and desires - all those guilty of these, those people are the perfect customers of these companies, all of them, not just nvidia. Nvidia is just the best of them all at these PR, marketing and psychological techniques for increasing revenue and amassing followers and mindshare.

DSzymborski

Titan
Just because there is a majority of [insert name calling] jumping of a cliff when someone [or company] says so, the intrisic fact of them being a majority does not validate or guarantee they are right, correct or even sane...

No, but you haven't made even a cursory argument in support of your thesis. "Things are too expensive because!"

Give a single objective reason that X is too much to pay for a GPU. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Not even going to tackle the rest of the flood of good vs. evil morality logorrhea for a luxury good.

InvalidError

Titan
Give a single objective reason that X is too much to pay for a GPU. Go ahead, I'll wait.
If this were a competitive market where there is an abundance of competitors striving to grow their market share across the entire supply chain, there would be a strong incentive to drive costs down to drive prices down, grow market share and deliver more value to consumers. Compared to what prices should be like in an actually competitive environment, most of today's tech prices are ludicrous.

Today, almost every corner of the industry has consolidated into 2-3 companies each. In some cases such as EUV equipment, you have ASML which has an absolute monopoly of critical equipment and parts. We have monopolies and oligopolies with a vested interest in generating a perpetual component shortage condition in markets that have prohibitively high barriers to entry.

Reactions: renz496

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
No, but you haven't made even a cursory argument in support of your thesis. "Things are too expensive because!"

Not even going to tackle the rest of the flood of good vs. evil morality logorrhea for a luxury good.
Then why should I bother with your ****?

I'll serve you exactly the same dish that you serve me.

Anyone with a decent working intellect can answer your question. That fact that you can't or you deliberately refuse to, speaks volumes.

Hint: it's about 3080 vs 3080 12G vs 3080Ti vs 3090 vs 3090 Ti performance and price ratio. That is only ONE reason. There are many more. Answer it yourself. If this was not a snoflake forum, I would have called you by the name you deserve.

I'm not gonna waste my time with you again. Welcome to my IGNORE list. I don't care who you are.

Last edited:
If this were a competitive market where there is an abundance of competitors striving to grow their market share across the entire supply chain, there would be a strong incentive to drive costs down to drive prices down, grow market share and deliver more value to consumers. Compared to what prices should be like in an actually competitive environment, most of today's tech prices are ludicrous.
Yeah, this is how companies go bankrupt and only leave a couple of them remaining.
With many competitors your market share is so small that you can't afford research or even just manufacturing, look at how AMD lost their FABs.
Taking nvidia as an example, they make higher revenue due to the high msrp but due to the always increasing cost of producing their net income isn't really improving.

macrotrends
NVIDIA Annual Revenue
(Millions of US $)
2021$16,675
2020$10,918
2019$11,716
2018$9,714
2017$6,910
2016$5,010
NVIDIA Annual Net Income
(Millions of US $)
2021$4,332
2020$2,796
2019$4,141
2018$3,047
2017$1,666
2016$614
NVIDIA Annual Operating Expenses
(Millions of US $)
2021$12,143
2020$8,072
2019$7,912
2018$6,504
2017$4,976
2016$4,263

InvalidError

Titan
With many competitors your market share is so small that you can't afford research or even just manufacturing, look at how AMD lost their FABs.
AMD didn't lose its fabs to competition, it lost its fabs from making too many mistakes, losing most of its sales from falling too far behind and getting stuck with mountains of stale inventory from having nothing else to churn out of its fabs. Had AMD offered foundry services before its troubles began, it could have turned its fabs into a reliable revenue center despite its own sales declining and stabilized itself that way. Owning your own fabs is still the cheapest way to go as long as you don't run out of stuff to make on it and even Intel has started its own foundry services to ensure it never has fab capacity going to waste on chips it may not be able to sell.

The main problem with new competition in the CPU, GPU and several other fields is the endless amount of trivial stuff that got patented. If you look at ARM's evolution, a lot of it appears to be dictated by which processor performance enhancement patents are about to expire.

Reactions: bigdragon
AMD didn't lose its fabs to competition, it lost its fabs from making too many mistakes, losing most of its sales from falling too far behind and getting stuck with mountains of stale inventory from having nothing else to churn out of its fabs.
All of which are results of AMD having an extremely small market share.
They didn't have enough money to weather the bad situation and they weren't making any new money.

We had a dozen CPU makers in the 90' where progress was cheap(ish) and profit was high because the market share each of them had was enough to pay for the cheap progress, the harder it gets to make any progress the less money the companies make the more companies go bye bye.

Conahl

Commendable
Apr 24, 2020
All of which are results of AMD having an extremely small market share.
They didn't have enough money to weather the bad situation and they weren't making any new money.
well, if intel didn resort to bribes and threats to OEMS and such NOT to use AMD's products, or they would loose the rebates and other incentives, then maybe amd would of had a better chance, but of course you for got about that, didnt you ? just like you seem to ALWAYS forget all the other shenanigans intel has done over the years. its known fact, intel cant play on a level field with its competitors, and has to resort to BS, and miss marketing.

what would you prefer, the transcript, or the video of some of intels shenanigans ?

in the end, like always, you will refute this in some why, wont you ?

what would you prefer, the transcript, or the video of some of intels shenanigans ?

in the end, like always, you will refute this in some why, wont you ?
This is a clickbait rant from -some guy on the internet- so why would there even be any reason to refute it? It's just his opinions and all of his "proof" is screengrabs from his own videos and other clickbait videos and articles all of which offer opinions only.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/realAMD/comments/cgsyhd/adoredtv_amdone/

well, if intel didn resort to bribes and threats to OEMS and such NOT to use AMD's products, or they would loose the rebates and other incentives, then maybe amd would of had a better chance,
It's not only common business practice but also just common sense that the bigger an order a customer places the higher the discount you can give them and that you ship out the biggest orders first.
Obviously if the OEM would divide their orders they would be smaller orders from intel so they would have smaller discounts and maybe also later shipments.