• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Nvidia or intel hd

lappyship

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hello,
i am looking for a laptop for hardware I.T. purpose and my basic requirement is 4gbRAM, 520hd,i5.i checked and found 14/15R good enough except the graphic card(i prefer NVIDIA).i came across dell Vostro as well. but agin m stuck with the graphic card. my budget is also not very high (35-40k).please help.

lappyship

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
i am prefering dell. either inspiron R series or vostro. still confused though. i would really appreciate if u can help me with graphics card as i dont play games as such , and require it only for SAP(ERP). will it make much of a difference if i go for intel grapics or AMD or NVIDIA.

myowaiwin

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
i think there is always difference between intel vs nvidia/ ati in dirver support.
the graphic perfromance will depend on the model of GPU u have chosen.

usually budget nvidia/ati gpu outperform intel but not much margin.
and also u may need to consider battery life.

also, how about AMD APU. u can wait if u have some times to arrive to the market.

they have not CPU power of i5 but good graphic power with prolong battery life.

lappyship

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
thanks for the reply i dont know much about GPU. can u suggest me which one is best for complicated software work as m not a gamer i dont think i need nvidia or i do? with AMD i v had a bad experience so definitely not thinking about that.

how does it affect the battery life as i am looking for a real good backup.

also if u know about integrated and dedicated graphic card , i have an idea that dedicated doesnt take any cycle from CPU and let cpu do its own work. nvidia is a deicated one . what about intel is it also dedicated?