[SOLVED] Nvidia Q

mjpmjp

Honorable
Aug 16, 2018
Hello,
I have a Hp Z600 which i am upgrading the GPU to the NVIDIA Quadro FX5800
do I need 6 pin male Power to 8 pin female GPU to power this card.Any advice would be ver much appreciated
las I am just a novice.

Solution
You need both power ports on the GPU populated with the appropriate 8-pin and 6-pin cables. These would normally come from the power supply, but with a proprietary HP power supply, it may be coming from somewhere else. (I can't really tell from the various pictures I have found (most don't have powered GPUs)

If you do not have at least 3 six pin PCIe connectors (two to convert into a single 8-pin connector) then the power supply is not really rated for that GPU.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You need both power ports on the GPU populated with the appropriate 8-pin and 6-pin cables. These would normally come from the power supply, but with a proprietary HP power supply, it may be coming from somewhere else. (I can't really tell from the various pictures I have found (most don't have powered GPUs)

If you do not have at least 3 six pin PCIe connectors (two to convert into a single 8-pin connector) then the power supply is not really rated for that GPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS