nvidia quadro 1400 at 126 celcius?!

whyrichard

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Hello guys,

my desktop pc is just way too loud. been for a while....

i downloaded speedfan to see if i can modify anything, (i am a newbie with such things...) and i noticed that my graphics card fan has a temperature oof 126c!

how can that be?

what can i do to silence the thing?!

the video card is an nvidia quadroforce 1400, asus motherboard....

r.

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
Hello guys,

my desktop pc is just way too loud. been for a while....

i downloaded speedfan to see if i can modify anything, (i am a newbie with such things...) and i noticed that my graphics card fan has a temperature oof 126c!

how can that be?

what can i do to silence the thing?!

the video card is an nvidia quadroforce 1400, asus motherboard....

r.

Howdy there. I can say that if your fan is not that hot at all. It would have already burst into flames, caught fire to your house, spread on over to your neighbors house, then down the street and across the river to the city. :) Or something like that. Its probably reading your GPU core at that and it means Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. IF it is reading your GPU that hot then it could be that your fan on the video card stopped spinning all together and you have some kind of graphic intensive program running that is creating that kind of heat. With it making that much noise, your GP fan is probably just not turning fast enough to make any difference and the bearings are out of it. Check to make sure your video card fan is in fact spinning at all. IF it is, make sure its not full of dust. Also make sure your case isn't full of dust. Good Luck Mang !:)

whyrichard

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
well... the fan's running, it wasn't that full of dust (and i cleared out what there was)...

and it still reads 126c. must be an error?

i unplugged the graphics card fan and i monitor the temp, no change, nothing graphics intensive running, though i do have 2x20" monitors running.

what hsould i do? it gets so loud that i want to either throw the thing out or turn it off and not get any work done!

r.

Beastyben1

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Speedfan can sometimes report incorrectly. For example, one of my hdds is 253 C then occasionally it will report 50s.

Rivatuner and try it. Make sure it is compatible with Quadro.