Nvidia Quadro 410 & HP Pavilion p6-2022uk

nelnik

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
I have a HP Pavilion p6-2022uk desktop which has a pci express x1t 6 slot I have bought a Nvidia Quadro 410 graphics card & new PSU power supply but the card will fit but not load. the local computer shop says that the only solution is a new motherboard as the HP one I have will not support the card . Any ideas please ?.

NH

Darkoil

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
The local computer shop are talking out of their arse, it should work just fine. What happens exactly when the card is plugged in, does the computer turn on but you don't get a display? It may still be running on the intergrated GPU so you could try switching them in the bios.

adam_s

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Are you connecting the display to the Quadro 410 or the motherboard display connector. You need to connect to the device that you want to drive the display - the Quadro 410

nelnik

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

Yes the monitor has been connected to the new graphics card not the old one.
Both a computer shop & PC world have had a go at this.

PC world say I need a desktop with a minimum of a i5 processor my HP p6-2022 they say is a i3

The spec says my computer has a PCI express x16 (gen 2.0) slot that is the spec of the Quadro 410 but it does not work

nelnik

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

Blue HP screen then black with no text. when PC world tried they got a few lines of text on black screen then it froze.

Computer shop say they tried a card from older computer (pci express x16 generation 1)& it worked & the Quadro worked in the older computer (my PC is 7 months old)

Think they mentioned someting about reconfiguring the bios - what should they do ?.
Computer shop say solution is to fit Asus P8H77-M mother board but this will require a new copy of windows 7 OEM - getting expensive !

Computer world tried the card in a Advent DT2111 & it seemed to load but it would not load in a higher spec HP

I need the Quaro for 10 bit colour through a display port for pro grade monitor for photography not gaming
Regards,