NVIDIA Quadro Cards !!!!!!

xfiles7

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
NVIDIA Quadro® FX mid-range graphics products are the industry’s best price performance workstation graphics solutions and provide the optimal blend of quality, precision, performance, programmability for all professional 3D applications including CAD, DCC and visualization applications. Featuring a 256-bit memory interface, and up to 40GB/sec. memory bandwidth, NVIDIA Quadro mid-range products deliver unprecedented segment-leading performance and quality.

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500
Memory Size : 256MB
Memory Interface : 256-bit
Graphics Memory Bandwidth: 42.2GB/sec.
Graphics Bus : PCI Express

NVIDIA Quadro® high-end graphics solutions are the industry-leading workstation graphics solutions for CAD, DCC and visualization applications. Featuring outstanding performance and quality, NVIDIA Quadro high-end products deliver 256MB frame buffer memory, up to 42.2GB/sec. memory bandwidth, 256-bit memory interface and support for ultra high-resolution panels up to 3840x2400 for ultimate productivity. Offering a new level of interactivity for engineers and designers, NVIDIA Quadro high-end graphics solutions enable shorter production cycles and faster time-to-market.

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500
Memory Size : 256MB
Memory Interface : 256-bit
Graphics Memory Bandwidth: 40 GB/sec.
Graphics Bus : PCI Express

When all these 4 factors are almost same except Bandwidth why the pricing is so high for NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500 AS COMPARED TO FX1500.
Memory Size
Memory Interface
Graphic Memory Bandwidth
Graphics Bus

How much performance difference does it make , where exactly it differs?

Regards
Xfiles

save_the_P4

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
By the way, is the FX 1500 out of order?? At least at Dell... Is nvidia going to release a quadro between the FX 550 and the FX 3450 soon?

Quadro cards are much more expensive because they've undergone a much more exacting certification process so as to be used on professional 3D modelling softwares.

Those cards also come with certified drivers, which moreover use less efficient but more precise texture clamping.

You can get a regular Geforce card, soft-mode it to fool the driver into thinking it is a Quadro card, and have basically the same capabilities you'd get with a Quadro, but it would (of course) not be covered by Nvidia's certification and support.

Useful to save quite a few bucks and do personal work, but I wouldn't trust it for professional work - or only as a backup solution.

xfiles7

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
What I would like to know is when all these 4 factors
Memory Size , Memory Interface , Graphic Memory Bandwidth , Graphics Bus
are almost same except Bandwidth why the pricing is so high for NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500 AS COMPARED TO NVIDIA Quadro FX1500.

How much performance difference does it make , where exactly it differs?

Regards
Xfiles

sithscout80

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
You have to look more in-depth on the specs (and also then benchmarks)

Quadro FX 3500 vs. Quadro FX1500
Core Clock: 470 MHz vs. 375 MHz
Memory Frequency: 1320 MHz vs. 1250 MHz
Pixel Pipelines: 20 vs. 16
Vertex Pipelines: 7 vs. 6
Video Out: Stereo vs. Stereo & HD-Out
SLI Support: Yes vs. No

Here is the article I found the information from.

Whoops, my bad - I read the question too fast.

Well, the 5 extra shaders represent +20% performance per clock, the +95MHz/+70MHz clock speeds represent a healthy boost... However, since both are using the same core, I wonder why one does stereo while the other does HD-out; it may be a matter of in-box driver (stereo requires dual rendering contexts, HD out merely requires a different output mode)

SLI support requires driver support - thus certification. Software SLI may be possible on the FX 1500 (if there is really no port for the SLI bridge), but not supported anyway - so not certified.

The price difference comes a bit from the upgraded hardware, but (I think) mainly from the difference in driver certification level.