Question Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 graphics card not recognized by Win 10

Jun 20, 2022
I did a fresh install of Win 10 but the OS doesn't see my graphics card. When I try to view the card in Device Manager, all it shows is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

At one point, Windows Update downloaded and started installing a driver for the card but I got an error message saying the install stopped due to a missing INF file.

I've tried installing a driver I downloaded from Nvidia's site but the PC crashes and goes into boot loop until I roll back the install.

To add confusion, another system drive that had Win 7 with an NVIDIA driver and software and was later upgraded to Win 10 worked just fine. This drive had errors and was replaced with the one I'm now having trouble with.

Help please, and thx.

kanewolf

Titan
I did a fresh install of Win 10 but the OS doesn't see my graphics card. When I try to view the card in Device Manager, all it shows is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

At one point, Windows Update downloaded and started installing a driver for the card but I got an error message saying the install stopped due to a missing INF file.

I've tried installing a driver I downloaded from Nvidia's site but the PC crashes and goes into boot loop until I roll back the install.

To add confusion, another system drive that had Win 7 with an NVIDIA driver and software and was later upgraded to Win 10 worked just fine. This drive had errors and was replaced with the one I'm now having trouble with.

Help please, and thx.
That card is WAY past end of life. The last NVIDIA driver that supported it was from a couple years ago. There was another thread on the board where someone was trying to use an OLD Quadro card and the last Windows 10 compatible driver did nothing but blue screen.
I think this is the last driver that supports that card -- https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/110264/en-us/