NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800, Cant get display signal

sirnatz

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
I just received a second hand Quadro FX 5800 and cant seem to get a display signal. The computer I'm trying to get it in is:
Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Ram: Corsair 8gb (2x4gb) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B.
PSU: Antec VP650P V2
Previous GPU: Asus R9270X-DC2T-2GD5
running windows 10
I have done the following:
Reset the cmos/bios by using the pin in the motherboard. After resetting the BIOS the fan in GPU stopped intermittently going fast for a few seconds, and runs now at a constant speed. I connected up another HDD and installed a copy of windows 8.1. I have also tried 2 different monitors with the 2 different DVI inputs, I have also used the display port to analog adapter. All of these things failed. I have also tried different combos of power to the card, but basically when I have the 8 pin and the 6 pin connected such things should just work.
This is the fun part. I have also slotted the card into my other computer very similar to the previous one. Without any drivers installed I got one of my 2 monitors working at low resolution, basically just plugged it in. The build of this computer is as follows:
Motherboard: ASUS SABBERTOOTH-990FX-R2
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Ram: Corsair 16gb (2x8gb) CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
GPU: Gigabyte GV-R9270XOC-2GD
PSU: Antec Earthwatts EA-750.
Running windows 8.1 Pro
One thing I did notice was that having the GPU in the M5A97 it really doesn't get any heat into it. I'm assuming that is because it's not doing anything in there, just blowing wind through it. On the other hand when I had it in the Sabbertooth it got really hot in a short period of time.
My next plan of action is to put the GPU back into this Computer and uninstall my AMD drivers and install the Nvidia Quadro drivers and see how it goes in there. This is only to make sure the card is in good working order. My goal is too get it to work in the first computer. Thanks heaps for any help or light shed on the current problems.

Lutfij

Titan
With the advent of Windows 10's release is the advent of multiple troubleshooting. This would be a good read primarily because it will lead you to going about dealing with a clean installation of Windows 10 to tinker with and troubleshoot the Quadro on your first machine.

Follow this tutorial when dealing with "Clean" graphics driver install in Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
and this How to ditch the problematic Win10 upgrade and replace it with a clean install tutorial in case you want to move with a new/proper re-installation. According to Asus' product page your motherboard has driver support for Windows 10 and both are PCI-E 2.0 compliant and this list says it is certified with support for aforementioned OS, the followup driver downloads page should you get it up and running.

The new OS is a little finicky but in the end when things work out its self satisfactory. I'd try updating the BIOS to the latest if you haven't already.