NVIDIA QUADRO NVS WITH SYNCMASTER 213T RESOLUTION PROBLEM

I have a 64MB NVidia Quadro NVS with SyncMaster 213T monitor. The
driver claims the max resolution of the monitor is 1280x1024, however
the manufacturer sets it (both analog and digital) at 1600x1200. I
have another machine here at the office with exact same hardware and
it works fine. How do I convince the driver that the monitor really
does go up to 1600x1200 ?

You'll need to edit the monitor's .inf file.

Make a backup of your monitor's inf file.

Open the inf file and replace all places that have '1280' and '1024' with
1600 and 1200.

Reinstall the monitor with the modified the .inf.

NOTE: This could be dangerous to your monitor in theory but most modern
monitors are self protecting when it comes to invalid range requests (or
signal input). But you never know when you operate beyond specs. Be
warned.

I know this method worked for my Samsung 240t monitor and it goes up to
1920x1200 via a DVI connection. Again it's technically not supported by the
monitor (via DVI) but it works fine none the less.

Jon Cortelyou wrote:
> You'll need to edit the monitor's .inf file.
>
> Make a backup of your monitor's inf file.
>
> Open the inf file and replace all places that have '1280' and '1024' with
> 1600 and 1200.
>
> Reinstall the monitor with the modified the .inf.

Or you could download the latest monitor.inf file for your Syncmaster
from NEC's site and install that. That's a lot less "hit and miss" than
editing your inf file.

--

To my knowledge there is only one .inf file for my monitor. And SyncMaster
is Samsung not NEC, BTW.

If you could provide a link, I'd happily like to be proven wrong.

Jon Cortelyou wrote:
> "Tim Taylor" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>>Or you could download the latest monitor.inf file for your Syncmaster from
>>NEC's site and install that. That's a lot less "hit and miss" than editing
>>your inf file.
>
> --
>
> To my knowledge there is only one .inf file for my monitor. And SyncMaster
> is Samsung not NEC, BTW.
>
> If you could provide a link, I'd happily like to be proven wrong.

Here's what I found
http://www.samsung.com/Support/ProductSupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Monitor&typecode=2&subtype=LCD&cmssubtypecode=202&model=213T&filetype=DR&language=

It might be the same as what you found but you might consider a fresh
install of your video drivers and inf at the same time. Good luck :)

I found the file, and it already has 1600x1200 in it.... could it be
the video card and not the monitor?

Ya. That's the old and only version for my Samsung 240t LCD monitor. The
DVI spec doesn't official support anything beyond 1600x1200. In fact it
might only support 1280x1024 and below.

> Jon Cortelyou wrote:
> > "Tim Taylor" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Or you could download the latest monitor.inf file for your Syncmaster
from
> >>NEC's site and install that. That's a lot less "hit and miss" than
editing
> >>your inf file.
> >
> > --
> >
> > To my knowledge there is only one .inf file for my monitor. And
SyncMaster
> > is Samsung not NEC, BTW.
> >
> > If you could provide a link, I'd happily like to be proven wrong.
> >

> Here's what I found

http://www.samsung.com/Support/ProductSupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Monitor&typecode=2&subtype=LCD&cmssubtypecode=202&model=213T&filetype=DR&language=

> It might be the same as what you found but you might consider a fresh
> install of your video drivers and inf at the same time. Good luck :)

TRENDING THREADS