Question NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1070Ti with 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory-- DVI cable and HDMI cable hookup

fedace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
Ok i have a problem with this new video card and my new computer. I seem to have found a problem to my black screen on loading the computer initially. and even after it loads to windows, it goes to black screen if i hook up the HDMI cable in HDMI port. If i just hook up the DVI cable from the moniter without the HDMI cable hookup, display is fine and is up and running.
My New graphics card is NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1070T i with 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Memo ry .

i really can't understand why the HDMI cable hookup is interfearing with the display..... Since you guys are the experts, do you know why this is ? and if i just use the DVI cable from moniter to computer only without the HDMI cable hookup, would i still get the best display possible ?

fedace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
Ok i may have misspoken, it looks it is Display port that is causing the problem with display, not HDMI cable. i am not even using the HDMI port, it looks like. I am using the DVI cable to hookup to computer first which works. then when i also add display port, the screen goes blank. this is happening with the new graphic card and new computer.
This really caused massive confusion on my part, because with my older computer, with both connectors hooked up, display worked just fine

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS