Nvidia Releases 197.45 WHQL Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
This is what Nvidia is good at, updating drivers to optimize drivers. Ati on the other hand does not update as frequently, but their bang for the buck is where they shine at.

[citation][nom]mister g[/nom]So is it worth going up from 197.13?[/citation]
I'd wait a few days and let the others "beta" test it.

Ironically, for me at least, the Beta Drivers seem much better than the WHQL drivers. :lol:

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Wait wait wait. I've been camping the adobe site waiting to buy cs5. "Those of you who are rocking out with the new Adobe suite will definitely want to get these."????? Where can I get it?

makotech222: +1

thebeastie

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
BC2 is noticeably on the GTX295 when are they going to fix that FFS.
BC2 is the first game that actually needs more GPU power and there is lack of driver support for it.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Oh, now I understand why they made the fan so loud on the 4xxs so you can hear it stop when installing all these new drivers.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

siman

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
new update allows you to unlock the secret sausage sizzler capabilities and in SLI the toaster feature that they have been hiding...but in all seriousness does this also help with the heat my nvidia computer crashes under high load and i have massive delta fans in it... and it still happens...i normally leave it for my guests and i play on my crossfire amd dragon rig...but id still like them to stay in the game...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I always keep several older driver packages in my driver folder in reserve just in case. Have had issues before with a new driver, can't recall the number but Fallout 3 started crashing constantly so I installed the previous one and basically skipped that release completely. The same goes for my last gaming rig with ATI drivers when I had my Athlon 64 X2 rig, I gave it to my nephew.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]arges86[/nom]i've been using it w/ no ill effects (tried out Dragon Age, and Mass Effect 2)[/citation]
Both good games beat them 2x then sold them. Still not as good as Bethesda's Oblivion and Fallout 3 though, I will keep them and play again one day. Actually I am playing Oblivion GOT on my PS3 right now to give my mouse wrist a break, carpel tunnel. Yup, old guy, played the first Doom when most of you were in diapers.

caspian21

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
[citation][nom]thebeastie[/nom]BC2 is noticeably on the GTX295 when are they going to fix that FFS.BC2 is the first game that actually needs more GPU power and there is lack of driver support for it.[/citation]

To those wishing for support for BC2, if you look at the release notes it is actually included:

"Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver."

Status
Not open for further replies.