Nvidia Releases Beta Driver with V-Sync Shutter Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Yes i already tested that with the 680 and the performance really increased a lot and not only on the games shown on the graphics almost every game i tested (that was already not running flawlessly at 1080p) increased FPS, specially in 3D Vision

dgingeri

Distinguished
Now if they'd just release a version that works nicely with DisplayLink devices, I'd be happy. I haven't been able to use my 7" Lilliput monitor for a long time. I'm stuck using a 20" monster (the smallest monitor I could get) for my monitoring gadgets. Why won't someone release a small DVI monitor for this purpose?

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]Now if they'd just release a version that works nicely with DisplayLink devices, I'd be happy. I haven't been able to use my 7" Lilliput monitor for a long time. I'm stuck using a 20" monster (the smallest monitor I could get) for my monitoring gadgets. Why won't someone release a small DVI monitor for this purpose?[/citation]
dvi and touch screen
https://www.xenarcdirect.com/product.php?productid=16194

bit pricy though.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]I still laugh at the improvements for Dragon Age 2.....[/citation]Still they added SLI support for torchlight 2. I dont mind the SLI on torchlight 2 but I couldnt figure out what GPU need SLI to run 60fps on Torchlight 2.

noobalert

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Could not run the new Civ 5 Xpack "Gods and Kings" last night on steam after it was released using the new 304.48 Beta driver from Nvidia. So I had re-install the old one "301.42" to get the game to work on my GTX 680.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]I guess there won't be a Performance increase for the 460?[/citation]
It's similar to the 560, maybe it receives a small boost? Anyway, i'm glad i settled for the 560. Gets performance updates with every driver version.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]I still laugh at the improvements for Dragon Age 2.....[/citation]

If playing with V sync on and the drivers are more efficient while rendering a title, the power bill with a modern card with descent power saving features will be nicer. Even if the game don't gain anything beneficial due to overpowered cards it can still be beneficial in other ways to have a more efficient driver...

tamon13

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
This driver does not fix the vsync stutter problem in gtx 600 series. It just reduce it, in many games it persist and its impossible to keep 60fps. After more than 3 months I think this is an issue that is hardware related and not just drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.