Nvidia Releases GeForce 331.58 WHQL Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least these drivers do not flip out with 2D Surround. With the last version I tried on Windows 8.1 the taskbar would flip out on me and I could not get it to work correctly on my center monitor. That said the rest of the problems that have been there as far as Windows 8 is still there but these are at least workable.

Ah. Good to know. Thanks.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, alright... I'm sure people know that Nvidia's drivers are bad for old gpus... including my poor 660ti.. I haven't been able to play GTA IV since the 314.22 driver, which is why I'm running it again...

mr grim

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2012
Same here, any driver after 314.22 has caused problems for me with my GTX580, the last BETA driver for BF4 was the worst, the PC just went blank and turned off while it was just sitting idle on the desktop for an hour, it it wouldn't even detect my card till I powered off the PSU.

314.22 runs rock solid though, looks like I will be sticking with it till I get my next card, maybe I will consider AMD next time but probably not, I only buy NVIDIA and love there cards but I wish they would fix their drivers.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
It screws up my metroUI on my left hand monitor, guess it's a good thing I don't use metroUI anyways, can't wait for steamOS

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Indeed, support for older cards and games seems to be an area that
degrades with each new release. There are lots of people still running
with GTX 460s, 560s, 580s, etc. Should they bother with these updates?
As mr grim & John Bauer said, I had issues with drivers after 314.22
aswell, so atm I'm sticking with 314.22, or in some cases 310.90 since
there's a Quadro release of the same number (ideal for multi-GPU setups).

Ian.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

Presumably the problems mainly concern those using pre-600 series cards.

Ian.

I heard people with fermi and lower have lots problem when 600 series comes out but my 460 mostly fine with 300 branch driver except a few one that has known problem and normally fix come along in a week or two

My 580s ran great after the 680s came out; SLI and all. I got my 680s a month after they hit the market.

That was a long time ago and is all AMD fans have, so sad.

I like they way that you didn't mention that they also replaced any cards that failed, one way of getting a new card for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.