Nvidia Releases Hotfix For G-Sync Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Guru2

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Having a G-sync i can say there is no way back . i a m about to buy i second one i can assure you . there are some small bugs but i found a fix for all of them

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
...if you are among the elite company of gamers who already have a G-Sync display,...

Heh. So if I want to be a elite gamer, I need G sync? :p

Fun fact, many elite gamers use older, low res monitors. High res just makes it more difficult to see the entire screen without moving your head.

Fun fun fact. Higher resolution does not force you to turn your head, physically bigger monitors do.

Also, resolution is not relevant when talking about framerate. (besides that you need better hardware to run high framerates at higher resolutions, but i doubt that it is a problem for pro players)

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
...if you are among the elite company of gamers who already have a G-Sync display,...

Heh. So if I want to be a elite gamer, I need G sync? :p

Fun fact, many elite gamers use older, low res monitors. High res just makes it more difficult to see the entire screen without moving your head.

Fun fun fact. Higher resolution does not force you to turn your head, physically bigger monitors do.

Also, resolution is not relevant when talking about framerate. (besides that you need better hardware to run high framerates at higher resolutions, but i doubt that it is a problem for pro players)

Fun facts

Facts
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2qq0s6/why_do_pro_players_play_at_1024x768_resolutions/

Fun facts

Facts
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2qq0s6/why_do_pro_players_play_at_1024x768_resolutions/

Nowhere in the link did I find information supporting your claim about having to move your head on higher resolutions nor pros using old monitors. Most of it was just saying that it's good to use a lower 4x3 resolution stretched on a newer 16x9 display, but none of it at all supported your claim.

nikolajj

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

Bigger != new
Smaller != old

It is true that bigger is immersion and smaller is concentration, but that was not you original claim.

You are linking to a forum thread that defines CRT as inferior, and has no proof that CRT monitors are being used professionally.

ps. Another forum is not proof of anything in it self, it is just other people talking about it, just like us.

Your links still don't support your claims and that includes this new one. Your new link is about high refresh rates and I know of the study it references. It has nothing to do with what you said.

High resolution has nothing to do with you needing to move your head to view the entire screen. That is dictated by screen size and aspect ratio. I can have an old 17" 4x3 CRT at a resolution of 2048x1536 if I wanted to and it would completely disprove everything you're trying to say. Yes, they do exist and yes, I have used them, though the only CRTs I still have don't function far above 1024x768. I can get 1280x1024, but that's a little iffy with some minor artifacts and the aspect ratio is a little odd at 5x4.

Whether you want a 4x3 resolution or something wider for optimal gameplay depends on the game and the person. Some people want more peripheral vision in a shooting game. Some people want less. For example, someone running around in BF4 may want that vision whereas a sniper in the same game doesn't want it. Then again, you can have the opposite- personal preference.

Then you have people who want a stretched 4x3 resolution instead of having black bars on the sides of a widescreen display, which were the most prevalent in your previous link. Claims such as enabling better accuracy for headshots (due to wider targets from the stretching) were common. None of the links support what you said.

As for the Koreans, I'd bet on that being for the actual advantages that CRTs have such as being cheap on Ebay, much better contrast (especially with blacks and dark colors), often very high refresh rates (I've seen up to 240Hz), and the lack of a native resolution, among anything else I might be forgetting. There are some disadvantages too (beyond the weight), but the pros generally outweigh the cons if you're going for top performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.