Nvidia Releases New GeForce 326.80 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelC4

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
As with all nVidia graphics drivers, I wait a week or two before installing them. Anyone remember the driver that screwed with the cards fan?

i think many would remember that :D . i never use it though since i was a bit lazy to upgrade my driver when it actually comes out. but even if i ended with the driver it will not going to harm my gpu back then since my gpu were using passive cooler from the start

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
if cardname == gtx770
run newer script
else if cardname == gtx680
run older script

any improvement is great, but it looks like a cheap move

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Anyone ever wonder if these driver tweaks for specific games actually kills performance on other games? If possible (maybe too many games to test) testers should use the games nVidia/AMD tout as having better performance and see if it's true, but then they should also test older popular/problematic games to see if they lost ground. Would these tweaks kill "Rage" performance, for example? Or how about the ever-popular bad joke of "it playing Crysis"?

does WHQL and BETA really that matter? idk why some people refusing beta drivers. maybe the word beta sway people away but from my personal experience there are times when things go wrong even with WHQL driver. in nvidia case some problem in that arise might be fix in a week or two then release as beta drivers. why not using the beta drivers if it actually fix the problem?

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
@whimseh

I'm in the same boat. Still running with the 314.22 for my GTX 680. Anything 320.xx and above has given me a ton of issues. Plus I don't really care for the "GeForce Experience". Seems bulky when I just use my Nvidia Inspector instead.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I have not been impressed with any of their driver updates since i bought my card. I have the Original driver installed. Everytime i try a new driver it causes all kinds of different issues with my PC. Makes my mouse curser come and go, makes my browser crash constantly, and so on and so on. They don't have a stinkin clue.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

As far as I've tested, it's the most recent driver that doesn't have GTA IV crash every 5 minutes.

DataStormNL

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Should not "announce" beta version of drivers, really. And IF, it should CLEARLY denote that in the article's header.

ramon zarat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Still on 314.22 here too. I've read tons of issues in many forums (including Nvidia own forum!) for anything 32X.XX, especially for 320.18, which apparently can kill your card under some circumstances (Google it).

Also read somewhere that a major fork in the developer code is supposed to be merged back in the official driver for 330.XX or 340.XX series, I don't remember. My guess is it's for OpenCL 1.2, OpenGL 4.4 and some other new stuff. Could we have a DirectX 11.2 bonus as well? (I don't even know if Kepler is able to support DirectX 11.2 features in hardware)

I currently have no incentive to move beyond 314.22, stability VS performance is great. I'll wait for 330.XX and up to enjoy a major performance and feature boost in one big jump...and hope it's stable.

i use that driver from for almost 2 month until the next one comes out. people are reporting the driver give a lot of crashing but it only happen to me once (driver stop responding). other than that it work just fine with my GTX660 SLI. have you tried the latest beta yet?

Of course it did that's why there was an official announcemen, oh wait there wasn't because it's just BS! :sarcastic:

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Im right now on 320.49 and Im happy enough to stay with it.
Im using gtx 660 and everything works maxed fine, no BSODs (anymore since I just fixed ntoskrnl.sys from my modem).

Status
Not open for further replies.