[SOLVED] Nvidia RTX 2060 after day of use pc no longer boots

Nov 18, 2019
So i recently upgraded my graphics card from Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI to Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060.

For the first day or two everything was running fine, but then i got a freeze during gameplay after which my pc rebooted and after windows loading logo i was presented with black screen and thats what i get now every time i try to run the pc with card in it. When i remove the card and just go with inbuilt graphics i boot everything fine. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the setup i am running:
Intel Core i7-9700K
GIGABYTE Z390 UD - Intel Z390
HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite 230V - 500W
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

Solution
Yes but the graphics card is one of a few possibilities of what's wrong, if you can try it in another system, you can rule it out. At present, I think it's either the card or the PSU, or both, the one as a result of the other dying.

Be better if you could swap out for a known good working PSU, you could buy one and make sure you can take it back if it doesn't solve the issue. Just don't fit it in the case, have the PSU hooked up outside the case and use it to test. If it works, you keep it and if it doesn't, you can return it and know it's not the PSU that is faulty.

However, my opinion is that the PSU took a high load and is now not starting with the graphics card fitted to protect the rest of the system, as it can no longer power...
CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite 230V - 500W

I'd guess that's your issue right there, Coolermaster make mostly terrible units. If that is what's happened, you need to hope that it's not taken anything with it. That said, it's not a super el cheapo, a Masterwatt Lite is slightly better than that so you would hope that it's just shut down if it has indeed failed.

From your description, I can't really conclude anything else.

Yes but the graphics card is one of a few possibilities of what's wrong, if you can try it in another system, you can rule it out. At present, I think it's either the card or the PSU, or both, the one as a result of the other dying.

Be better if you could swap out for a known good working PSU, you could buy one and make sure you can take it back if it doesn't solve the issue. Just don't fit it in the case, have the PSU hooked up outside the case and use it to test. If it works, you keep it and if it doesn't, you can return it and know it's not the PSU that is faulty.

However, my opinion is that the PSU took a high load and is now not starting with the graphics card fitted to protect the rest of the system, as it can no longer power the card.

To be honest, you have some really nice parts and even if it isn't the power supply, I'd be replacing it anyway. Try to find a 650w Seasonic Focus Gold PSU, that should be a friendly enough price.

Solution