Question nvidia rtx 2060 has trouble compiling shaders in Unreal Engine 4

rugupiruvu

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
I just made a new build, i have an i9 9900k, 32 gb of ram, 2tb ssd, and an rtx 2060. Im an Unreal Engine 4 developer, ive noticed things like transitioning levels, and testing the project running much smoother than my old build, but whenever im making shaders and materials, the lag is much worse than my old build, which had 16 gb ram, a gtx 745, and an i7 cpu. It makes no sense to me why this one feature of the engine would run worse on my new build, does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
You first might want to list the specs of both your old and the new system's like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

So we're going to be seeing two sets of specs.

On another note, which version of the drivers from Nvidia are you on? There are CRD are the creative Developers version of drivers while GRD are Game Ready drivers.

rugupiruvu

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
You first might want to list the specs of both your old and the new system's like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

So we're going to be seeing two sets of specs.

On another note, which version of the drivers from Nvidia are you on? There are CRD are the creative Developers version of drivers while GRD are Game Ready drivers.
Thanks for the reply, im using whatever geforce experience gives you which i believe is the game ready driver.

Idk the exact mames and models offhand but

Old desktop:
Cpu: quad core i7 3.5 ghz
Motherboard: whatever you get from a dell xps 8700
Ram: 16 gb DDR3
Storage: windows boots from old 250gb ssd, everything else installed and stored in 2tb hdds
Gpu: Nvidia gtx 745
Psu: whatever comes with dell xps 8700
Chasis: is that the case? Dell xps 8700 case

New desktop:
Cpu: i9 9900k 8 core 3.7 ghz
Motherboard: Asus z390 (im pretty sure its a ROG Strix z390-E)
Ram: 32 gb ddr4 (2 16gb sticks)
Storage: 2tb samsung sata ssd 500mbs
Gpu: Evga nvidia rtx 2060
Psu: Corsair HX1000i
Chasis: Couger Panzer Max
Also using a corsair h115i rgb platinum liquid cooler for the cpu.