[SOLVED] Nvidia RTX 2070 Super drivers slow windows 10 boot time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2020
This is by no means a major problem, but it is irritating. It seems that after installing the latest Nvidia drivers (either studio or game) my boot times are longer. Without the drivers it boots to the Windows login screen in a around 10 seconds. With them after the motherboard logo disappears the screen stays black for about 40 seconds before login appears. Is this a normal time for drivers to load?

My current setup is:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB
Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 - system drive
Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME
Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC

Solution
That seems far too long of a boot time; especially with an SSD.

I have a roughly similar system with a Titan X Nvidia and it boots in the 10 second region with the latest drivers.

Any reason you cannot fall back to the older version driver?
Jun 24, 2020
That seems far too long of a boot time; especially with an SSD.

I have a roughly similar system with a Titan X Nvidia and it boots in the 10 second region with the latest drivers.

Any reason you cannot fall back to the older version driver?

Solution
Jul 7, 2020
I've tried an older version of the driver, fully removed using Display Driver Uninstaller. Doesn't seem to change the boot time.

What I have found is that if Fast Start-up is on then I'll get: Moborad logo, 40sec black, login screen, once pin is entered desktop immediately loads.

Whereas, if Fast Startup is off I get: MoBoard logo, login screen, but this time after I enter my pin I have to wait about a while - it's nicer than looking at a blank screen, but I just don't get it.

Jul 7, 2020
Did you ever find a solution? I got EXACTLY the same issue with my RTX3070 and Ryzen 3600 where I did not have any issue with my 2070

Nope, still a delay. But I guess I'll live with it. My partner has the same GPU but a ASUS mb, it starts up quicker, so I'm guessing it's some sort of driver conflict with the mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.