[SOLVED] NVIDIA RTX 2080 super and GTX 1070 in conjunction

Apr 8, 2020
Just wondering if I buy an RTX 2080 and use it in conjunction with a GTX 1070, will it work? Even if I can't use it in conjunction (using both GPU's at once) am I able to set up the two GPUs to work on separate tasks from each other. I don't want a part laying around if I can still use it.

Specs (currently):
MOBO- ASUS Maximus Hero XI wifi
CPU- Intel i7-7900k
GPU- Nividia gtx 1070
Ram- 16gb
PSU- Corsair RM 750x

Solution
When playing a game, only the primary gpu will be used. Someone may bring up old or unsupported tech that could use different gpus combined but that's all but dead. Any good content creation, compute or gpu accelerated software has an option to choose gpu. And even less would use both (or 3 with igpu) combined. So it really depends on the specifics of what tasks you want to do.
When playing a game, only the primary gpu will be used. Someone may bring up old or unsupported tech that could use different gpus combined but that's all but dead. Any good content creation, compute or gpu accelerated software has an option to choose gpu. And even less would use both (or 3 with igpu) combined. So it really depends on the specifics of what tasks you want to do.

Reactions: wubblebubble69
Solution