[SOLVED] Nvidia scaling modes

Newley

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
So since I've almost always played games on some sort of stretched res I've had my scaling mode as " GPU - Full Screen" but now I play all of my games on native and I think no scaling should be better? I can't change between GPU and Display tho, my monitor only supports GPU so that's what I'm using. I heard display might be a bit faster, but I just can't use it.

What is the best scaling mode to use for GPU and when using NATIVE only? (16:9 1920x1080)

Newley

Reputable
Jun 29, 2017
It might be a placebo effect, but valorant for example felt way smooter on native with no scaling than full screen. I can't say anything about Aspect Ratio tho. I also saw in a video for best FPS No Scaling should be the go-to option.

While I'm sure no scaling provides the best performance in the technical sense, if the video card has a noticeable performance hit on any other scaling mode, I'd toss the video card. That kind of operation is basically free. Anything you think you're experiencing may be placebo because you know what mode you're in.