NVidia Screen Flickering

sikcool

Reputable
May 28, 2014
So I have an Asus VS239 monitor and a Dynex DX-32L200NA14 connected to my tower which runs an Nvidia GTX 980. I mirrored the screens because the TV is in the living room and the computer is in the bedroom. The display on the TV was a little too big, the picture was overextending the screen by about a quarter of an inch so the Close-maximize-minimize buttons on any window were unviewable.

So I decided to try to adjust the picture size on the NVidia control panel by going to "Adjust desktop size and position". NVidia says the TV's native resolution is 1360 x 768 and my Asus monitor is 1980 x 1080. I changed the scaling mode of the TV to see if that did anything but after I hit apply and the screen refreshed the Asus monitor came back on with immense vibration.

If I extend the screens then the Asus monitor is just perfect but that's not what I want. I want to mirror them. But every time I mirror them, the Asus monitor starts vibrating like crazy. I've tried reverting the settings but it doesn't work. don't have another HDMI port to plug into so that's not an option either. After doing some research, I found out it has something to do with the TV's interlacing.

Does anyone know to fix this issue?

Solution
The maximum resolution for the Dynex TV is 1366 x 768 which is 720p. The Asus monitor is 1920 x 1080 which is 1080p.

It looks like your resolutions are off a little from what they should be. See if adjusting that will give make this setup work better.

You would be better off either upgrading the Dynex to a 1080p set to give it the same resolution as your monitor.

-OR-

Adding a 2nd GPU to your system so each display gets its own feed at the proper resolution.

Trying to mirror the same output for 2 different monitors at two different resolutions is likely to cause these types of issues.
The maximum resolution for the Dynex TV is 1366 x 768 which is 720p. The Asus monitor is 1920 x 1080 which is 1080p.

It looks like your resolutions are off a little from what they should be. See if adjusting that will give make this setup work better.

You would be better off either upgrading the Dynex to a 1080p set to give it the same resolution as your monitor.

-OR-

Adding a 2nd GPU to your system so each display gets its own feed at the proper resolution.

Trying to mirror the same output for 2 different monitors at two different resolutions is likely to cause these types of issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS