Nvidia Shield Console Now Available On Google Play Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
More people need to buy this. It's amazing. It has completely replaced my other consoles as my primary entertainment device. I just buy all my games on PC and play them on my TV with the shield + controller. I love the higher quality inherent with the PC capabilities.

Right now i'm playing dragon age inquisition. When the wifey's working on her computer in the den (where both of our computers are) she's distraction free since i play on the TV. When she's watching TV, I can go play on my PC in the den. Perfection! Since it's always playing or streaming from the PC, i don't need to mess with cloud saves or anything. All the saves are on the PC. I love this thing!

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
@beshonk That's a great opinion! Almost makes me want to have one. Too bad I use an AMD card, so half it's usefulness would be wasted.

You can already bloody stream over Steam lol. Oh and you can use almost anything so you don't need to buy this overpriced POS.

-If you want a dirt cheap console, a PS3 is $20 cheaper, actually has games you can play, and includes a Blue Ray player.

-If you want to stream, there are far, FAR cheaper ways of doing so.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Yeah, stream over steam with a 30% performance hit. Steam streaming hardware is also just for that. It's not the swiss army knife of TV entertainment plus streaming that the shield is.

juansojo

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Well, I bought the Nvidia shield TV to use the Grid service thinking I was going to be able to play online multiplayer games like COD advance warefare and all or be able to purchase full games something similar to steam but NO, I think you can only play 2 player on the same console but not online, I actually thought it was going save me from buying a underpowered Xbox one or ps4( I can build me a superior pc gaming rig for $400-$500) or from building a gaming pc but the fact that all games offered on the Grid are pretty old and not many. I don't want to play old games, repeats of what I have already played on console. On top of that most games on the app store that are compatible with controller are not that good like modern combat 5 that you can't find a single person to play with on multiplayer online. I'm starting to regret buying it.

beshonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Grid's still in Beta, and the grid store where you can purchase full versions of games to play over Grid is still not ready for beta yet. It's a work in progress for sure, but hopefully once it gets ironed out you'll have what you want. This is still the only service/equipment that offers anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.