Nvidia Shield Tablet Update Brings Android Nougat, Other Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

Sadly no. The Nintendo Switch put the kibosh on a Shield Tablet K1 successor. Which quite frankly, pisses me off given the switch does almost nothing the Shield series does.

Farland_

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Apple Ipad pro is more powerful than any Android Tablet today , why bother getting Nvidia Tablet ?

I can understand getting the Nvidia Shield TV ... but the tablet ? means nothing ... Apple Tablets are faster and better.

Better Screen , Better CPU , Better GPU , and 4 SPEAKERS , and Very Good Camera ...

Apple wins when it comes to the Tablet Market.

Farland_

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Dont worry , the Modding community will release a Jailbreak for the Nintendo Switch in no time . will be open for any Apps , and maybe will install Android on it as well... give it 6 months. The Nintendo Modding community is HUGE.

Besides , Why are you pissed off ? for the first time in history you will play console grade True gaming on a tablet .. and a Nintendo fun over it ... you compare this with stupid Android games ?

if you still want a tablet like the shield pick an Apple Ipad pro , it is better than any android tablet in the market.

InvalidError

Titan

Some of us have no interest in paying 2-4X as much for Apple-branded products that do mostly the same things. Where ~$200 tablets are concerned, the K1 Shield Tab is still one of the best bang-per-buck options on the market.

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

I like a device that is a portable powerhouse for android games (like Grand Theft Auto Series, the Borderlands games in android), and can allow me to play my PC games on the go as well. The K1 is powerful, But its A15 cpu cores are showing their age. I would like to see a revision of the Tablet with A73 and perhaps Maxwell or Pascal gpu cores. I Have 0 interest in nintendo's selection of games besides Pokemon which is what my 2DS is for. I will never touch a crapple product. They are way overpriced to me.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Too bad it can't update the hardware. They need to update all their devices with at least 14nm if not 10nm since it's hitting this next Q. If NV wants my money, they'll have to update shieldTV with a new soc for xmas. Heck I'd prefer TWO in a 100-200w box for xmas. Not some thin puny shell either; feel free to upgrade the box to xbox1 size and slap a heatsink/fan on it so you can run them at 3-4ghz. Go big or go home. I need more power, PERIOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.