Nvidia Software Upgrade 5.0 Brings 4K HDR, Android Nougat To Previous Generation Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Shield 2017 Is wholly underwhelming bit of kit. Before it's launch I was hoping for a pascal based setup an was thinking of purchasing one. I already own the hand held and tablet versions. I was very disappointed Nvidia went with the X1. Won't be picking up one now.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

It is they just have it wrong in this article for what ever reason. Such a crappy move on Nvidia's part but if I had to guess they didn't want to undercut the Nintendo Switch. The X1 is still one of the best performing SOCs in the market for GPUs so I think Nvidia thought they could get away with it. It's a super disappointing move. I was hoping for Parker and 6GB or Ram. Guess I'll just keep hooking up my shield tablet via HDMI until Nvidia releases a true upgrade.

Mithos

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
I think Nintendo Switch GPU is X1, maybe they have a deal, to not compete, for a period of time.

They should make the game service like sega game channel was back in the 90's. Essentially the netflix of games with rolling library changes as time goes on. But it should be a monthly fee, parents won't do hourly.

Cinnagar

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure the monthly service will still be available for Shield TV and the Shield K1 Tablet. My understanding was that the hourly rate is only to stream to Mac or PC...

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
obviously this product line from Nvidia along with their garbage low power soc is a big fails and will never take off
for streaming Tegra SOC that adds cost is not needed, as for low power soc like Tegra fails big time as a gaming platform

a more succeseful product would be something along the line of 960 or 980 at 5watts that enables gaming and as a bonus you get streaming etc.... just an example

Status
Not open for further replies.