News Nvidia Stock Hits All-Time High Despite Coronavirus Fears

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
This strikes me as weird. They're facing more competition in AI than ever before, with Habana (recently bought by Intel) significantly outperforming their existing GPUs.

Competition from AMD seems to be picking up, slightly, and Intel is about to enter the fray.

Plus, figure they're about to lose the entire Chinese market, as China implements its plan to eliminate foreign tech suppliers.

And self-driving cars? They don't seem to be hitting the mainstream any time soon.

Considering all of that, I'd have to look at what kind of vested interests this analyst has in the matter. Smells a bit like a case of pump-and-dump.

As for me, I have no financial stake in either Nvidia or any of their competitors.

Feb 20, 2020
Nvidia's share price reached an all-time high of $311 after being upgraded to an Outperform rating by Bernstein.

Nvidia Stock Hits All-Time High Despite Coronavirus Fears : Read more
This strikes me as weird. They're facing more competition in AI than ever before, with Habana (recently bought by Intel) significantly outperforming their existing GPUs.

Competition from AMD seems to be picking up, slightly, and Intel is about to enter the fray.

Plus, figure they're about to lose the entire Chinese market, as China implements its plan to eliminate foreign tech suppliers.

And self-driving cars? They don't seem to be hitting the mainstream any time soon.

Considering all of that, I'd have to look at what kind of vested interests this analyst has in the matter. Smells a bit like a case of pump-and-dump.

As for me, I have no financial stake in either Nvidia or any of their competitors.

AMD has zero cards for the enthusiast or high end user...supercomputers (buying thousands of them at a time) are opting for Nvidias high end GPUs and Intel is entering the market but only for enterprise hardware and AMD is basically for the budget builder....with RTX picking up pace the only option for someone who wants to game over 1440p 60hz+ or for companies/universities wanting to do scientific computations, deep learning etc your options are limited to.....you guessed it- Nvidia... and let’s face it when you sell $2,000+ GPUs with a limit of 2 per customer up until this year you’re making good profits. Also self driving cars don’t necessarily mean literally a car that drives itself 100% many vehicles are developing “Tesla like” tech to intergrate into their systems and the best way to do it is use already tested GPUs instead of reinventing the wheel lol. Amazon, google, uber companies etc are both testing self driving cars in the streets of LA, Seattle and other large cities so don’t be surprised if you get your amazon package or food delivery by a unmanned vehicle.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
AMD has zero cards for the enthusiast or high end user...
...yet. Let's wait until Big Navi (which sounds like it's going to be based on Navi 2, as well).

However, how much of Nvidia's margins are made up by that market segment?

supercomputers (buying thousands of them at a time) are opting for Nvidias high end GPUs
Yeah, most, but not all.

And let's not forget about AMD's big win with Google Stadia. AMD was first to have secure, multi-user GPU virtualization, which is also big for application hosting.

Intel is entering the market but only for enterprise hardware
That's not accurate. They've announced consumer cards, as well.

with RTX picking up pace
Huh? You mean the "Super" cards? That's old news, though. Stocks are valued in terms of a company's anticipated performance. The Super cards are already baked into their current numbers.

self driving cars don’t necessarily mean literally a car that drives itself 100% many vehicles are developing “Tesla like” tech to intergrate into their systems and the best way to do it is use already tested GPUs instead of reinventing the wheel
By the time it becomes a standard feature, we have no idea who will be the dominant supplier. And they're not making a profit on it, today. So, your optimism strikes me as very premature.