News Nvidia Stops All Activity in Russia, Shutting Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Oh ok.... but doubt its anything new.... I reckon they will buy from China instead.

Thats pretty much whats happening now. Russia is buying lots of electronic stuff from China, including iphones and other computer stuff.

Chinese cmpanies are now moving into Russia market.

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
"The complete withdrawal of Nvidia from Russian business could potentially mean forgoing participation in a market that traditionally contributed about 2% to the firm’s revenues. "

Two percent sounds minuscule, but considering how big NVidia revenue (not profit) is, it meant significant number of dollar. that can translate into significant number of paychecks. Hope that no one that worked at NVidia in US or other country got fired :rolleyes:

Geef

Distinguished
Saying your not selling to Russia does ZERO to someone deciding whether to buy a Nvidia card or a different card. They did this for political points. Nothing more. Otherwise they would have just stopped selling them there and not said anything.

Oct 4, 2022
Oh ok.... but doubt its anything new.... I reckon they will buy from China instead.

Thats pretty much whats happening now. Russia is buying lots of electronic stuff from China, including iphones and other computer stuff.

Chinese cmpanies are now moving into Russia market.

You're right. I live in Russia. Absolutely everything is on sale. Prices for gadgets, laptops, smartphones have fallen by about 20 percent since the beginning of the year. I bought an MSI 3060 graphics card cheaper than NVIDIA's recommended prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.