Nvidia sucks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
*sigh*

i KNOW a TI4200 isnt much more than a 10-20% increase in power (doenst nessessarily mean frame rate). the only reason i got one is becuase i overvolted the ram on my 8500le (cheap voltmeter) and needed a quick replacement.

im not going to argue about my knowing how to set up a video card. done it many times, no way to really prove it tho but i know that its true and thats all that matters

only thing i changed with riva tuner was the mipmap and texture lod.. i think maybe a culling option but thats off now as it was originally. theres no way that could cause such adverse affects as you say i caused to myself fagrot

-------

<A HREF="http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001355.html" target="_new">*I hate thug gangstas*</A>

Steven21

Distinguished
May 7, 2003
I have had a Vision Tek GF 2, now i have a Vision Tek GF 4 4200 128mb, and they both have run Fine.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by steven21 on 07/05/03 11:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
See the thing is that everyone here is fine, and you're not. Now that should tell you something. Contact the manufacturer, explain your situation, request a new one. Perhaps they screwed it up. If the replacement gives you same things
1) check all your system settings very very throughly
2) if 1 did not work, go get your head checked.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
you shouldnt have to be so thorough to get a card working NORMALLY

what if someone bought this and dindt know much more than how to stick it in the box and put the drivers on? theyd be screwed . my roomate knows how to swap cards.. doenst know the differnece between 2x and 4x agp

maybe im just picky. maybe the superior picture quality of my last card spoiled me

-------

<A HREF="http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001355.html" target="_new">*I hate thug gangstas*</A>

Maverick494

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
I have had an MSI Ti4200 and now I am on my ATi 9500np upgrade. The Ti4200 had some tearing issues on Delta Force 3 Task Force Delta and a handful of other games I play. I could never get it to go away no matter what I used. However, the VisionTek GF3 I had before that was awesome. So Nvidia doesn't suck, MSI has some card issues. I would call them and get it RMA'd and get a new one. I was devious and I sold my Ti4200 to a buddy because he plays Warcraft III and that is about it. I do have to say that my 9500np does look a bit better and is faster, but it was supposed to because it for me was an upgrade from DX8 card to DX9.

So Nvidia is not the problem here, the problem is MSI has a few cards that have issues.

Just a computer junky

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
was devious and I sold my Ti4200 to a buddy because he plays Warcraft III and that is about it

evil =)

ok yah maybe i kinda went off the deepend there. but i was amazed how bad the image quality was

i FINALY got it up to about par with my 8500le. manually set some registry keys for mipmap lod and a few others. but its not as fast. 9500 for my score abouts in 3dmark01, compared to before. id post the link but madonion.com is slow loading today so didnt bother

i have to admit.. the TI4200 does get ALOT more out of the slow 500mhz ram (well, relatively slow) with its memory compression , and its geometry engine is substantially faster.

-------