nvidia surround SLI 4th monitor pixelated

SgtAdder

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hi, I upgraded with a 2nd gtx 780 on SLI, when i had a single card i was able to use all the 4 monitors with no problems perfect quality and all, with the 2nd gtx on SLI the performance boost with 3 monitors its awesome, but i noticed that when I turn on my 4th monitor (accesory) it looks pixelated, like its not 1080p resolution, and when its on, and I click on a window to drag it it looks choppy and slow, like when you format a pc and you dont have the graphics drivers installed yet, only when the 4th monitor is ON, when its off, everything come's back to normal.

I use the accesory monitor to watch movies/anime/ play games from bed with wireless controller, and to work with after effects multiple windows, but now i can't it looks awful can some one help me?

the 4th monitor its connected in the HDMI port of the primary card

Not sure, but maybe consider using a cheap addon card just for that monitor to avoid sharing video memory.

*If you have an Intel CPU with an iGPU then you can attach the 4th monitor to the motherboard. Assign maybe 128MB of memory to the iGPU and make sure it's enabled (multi-monitor) in the BIOS and the Intel drivers are installed.

Other:
It may be an issue with refresh rate not matching other monitors but I'm not an expert on this.

SgtAdder

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hi photonboy thanks for answering, i was reading about the multi gpu sli display connections and made me ask if i got mine right, i have the accesory display in the HDMI port, the two surround monitors one in the dvi and the other in the display port and on the 2nd card the 3rd monitor is on dvi do you think that order is causing the pixel effect?

SgtAdder

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Hi photonboy I tried what you said, it works amazing now for watching anime/movies or even to work, now i can use all the 4 displays, except for gaming which sucks cause i have wireless controllers to play in the tv from bed, but i'll be using this solution in the meantime, i ordered a hdmi to dvi cable, i'll change the connection orders in the gpu's to see if thats whats causing the problem